Home

Some Positives to Remember

This is a discussion on Some Positives to Remember within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #25
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Some Positives to Remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I hope they don't do the old way of choosing defenses where you pick a defensive linemen set, then the linebackers and then the corners or whatever, I hated that.
that is one of my favorite parts. You could get the most out of some blitzs PLUS you can have the same play and half dozen different ways to run it.

For instance.
Call lineman loop to the left side. I think the call it a twist in the game. Then pick a play with a outside linebacker blitzing outside the tackles. Shift it over at start of play where he is lined up on inside and you can get some tough mismatchs and confussing pickups.

But that is my opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
that is one of my favorite parts. You could get the most out of some blitzs PLUS you can have the same play and half dozen different ways to run it.

For instance.
Call lineman loop to the left side. I think the call it a twist in the game. Then pick a play with a outside linebacker blitzing outside the tackles. Shift it over at start of play where he is lined up on inside and you can get some tough mismatchs and confussing pickups.

But that is my opinion
I know some people liked it, I just found it tedious and often didn't get my play input in time when playing other people. Because most people call their offensive plays very quickly.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #27
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Three big positives for defensive play

1) Coverage Shells
2) Defensive Fronts
3) Pre Play D Hot Routes are back - possibly a couple of new ones.
Playing defense should be fun

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
I hope they don't do the old way of choosing defenses where you pick a defensive linemen set, then the linebackers and then the corners or whatever, I hated that.
It was great. You just need to get faster at choosing your defense.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:23 PM   #29
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
These two things are the things that give me hope for not having franchise. Wharton and most know how I feel BUT I can honestly say that I am looking forward to the different combinations to make different teams so not two teams play alike. Only thing I HOPE does not happen is people abusing a certain aspect of the gameplay if it is weak in any area. Kinda like 2K5 weak secondary. I hope every part of the gameplay is excellent and you will hear a totally different tone out of my mouth once that is cleared up.

Till then lets hope for ANYTHING soon. (2K worst marketing team of 08 = CHECK)
I honestly think you (specifically but others also) will be fine once you see gameplay or play the demo. I don't know any more than anyone else though, so the gameplay COULD be just average, but then I'd be right there with you on the complaints.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
It was great. You just need to get faster at choosing your defense.
If you have to choose it so fast without thinking about it then it's a wasted feature anyways.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #31
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I honestly think you (specifically but others also) will be fine once you see gameplay or play the demo. I don't know any more than anyone else though, so the gameplay COULD be just average, but then I'd be right there with you on the complaints.
Hey dude
Yea I think so myself, as you can tell i kinda backed off. It just floored me the content they were releasing. Terrible screens, bad videos, no content at all still to this day. But it took some time and I got over it and will go on supporting that 2K has always had the best gameplay and I just pray they deliver. If they do, we will all be playing online and I will be the first to call you out for a game buddy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #32
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
If you have to choose it so fast without thinking about it then it's a wasted feature anyways.
that just goes in the file with the other abuse of playing people that care more about winning a video game than having a football experience. i mentioned a while ago, i wish the games would have a realistic hurry up offense in terms of time to get to the line, and address stuff like this. but with that said, it doesn't take that long. i take a guess as to which way the play will focus and pick my DL moves and then base the rest on what else I think will happen. only takes a few seconds. and there are some dline moves that work well with different blitz packages, and then it takes as long as clicking one more button.

Quote:
Hey dude
Yea I think so myself, as you can tell i kinda backed off. It just floored me the content they were releasing. Terrible screens, bad videos, no content at all still to this day. But it took some time and I got over it and will go on supporting that 2K has always had the best gameplay and I just pray they deliver. If they do, we will all be playing online and I will be the first to call you out for a game buddy
It's really just little released. All the screen shots on the 2k site are pretty good and the trailer is so so but looks much better in hi def. It's all the other places that are showing the crap. Either way, their marketing for this game is pretty scarce for whatever reason. No denying that... I just don't feel it's a reason to think the game is in trouble. They've had different marketing issues with just about every game I can remember them putting out and I've loved them all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »