Home

Is this a game for the old heads?

This is a discussion on Is this a game for the old heads? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #25
Rookie

ajwines64's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is this a game for the old heads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
And this is one of the top 5 all around HB's in NFL history, the one, the only, Mr. Thurman "The Thurmanator" Thomas....

Top 5?? You can't possibly be anywhere near serious. I know your a bills fan but be real man. I can maybe see top 25. Maybe. Hell marshawn lynch will probably be better than thomas and thats not saying much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2007, 02:04 PM   #26
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Thurman Thomas was a beast tho. I used to love playing with the bills on Joe Montana Sports Talk Football 93.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 18

Man, Jack Lambert was completely insane! You gotta love that guy. He will definitely be one of the linebackers I pick for my team.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:17 PM   #28
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlueFresh
NOT to diss or anything but this game just doesn't seem all that appealling to me, and I know why.

I didn't have the luxury to watch these guys play back in their prime and such. I mean I only see some of these guys as commentators. I appreciate the "Getting to know the player" threads but it doesn't do that much for me. All of you guys are excited about seeing these guys play because you SAW them play which leads me to believe that you guys are older or watch the hell out of the classics. Is this an old head game or what?
I hear what you're saying though. I didn't really get into football until after the Colts left B'more so didn't have an NFL team for a while and have gaps in my appreciation for history. One thing that excites me more than the names on the backs is the signature styles. I wish it was LT, Larry Johnson and other NFL stars but just the idea that these guys will play like themselves excites me. Even if you don't know how close to reality their play styles will be, you'll notice the different styles and that should be hot!
Old 06-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #29
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwines64
Top 5?? You can't possibly be anywhere near serious. I know your a bills fan but be real man. I can maybe see top 25. Maybe. Hell marshawn lynch will probably be better than thomas and thats not saying much.
He is 12th all time in rushing and one of 4 players to rush for 1000 yards in 8 straight seasons. He's in my top 5, but probably because he was my first NFL idol. I th ink top 15 for sure
Old 06-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

2K Football with all generic players would be enough for me. Even though I don't recognize all of the players, it will be fun to use them all. I could understand average football fans who have never played any of the 2K games not caring too much about this game without playing it. Just pop in 2K5 and you'll understand...
Old 06-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
That's not quite true. I've never seen Earl Campbell play or Jim Brown play, but I'm still pumped to be able to use them and others like them.
Yeah I could see that older people would tend to be more interested but by the same token the guys I really want to play with a lot more than anything are the guys like Stabler that I never really saw play much.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #32
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantencza
2K Football with all generic players would be enough for me. Even though I don't recognize all of the players, it will be fun to use them all. I could understand average football fans who have never played any of the 2K games not caring too much about this game without playing it. Just pop in 2K5 and you'll understand...
but you also have to consider the signature styles. that'd be nice with a bunch of generic players, but it's sooo much nicer matching legends. games have had "legend mode" for years now, but the players didn't really look like the legends outside of uniform and number. and no players really played like they really do, just higher ratings. if you see a commercial of Walter Payton running just like Walter Payton, you will be hype for this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »