Home

Is this a game for the old heads?

This is a discussion on Is this a game for the old heads? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Is this a game for the old heads?

NOT to diss or anything but this game just doesn't seem all that appealling to me, and I know why.

I didn't have the luxury to watch these guys play back in their prime and such. I mean I only see some of these guys as commentators. I appreciate the "Getting to know the player" threads but it doesn't do that much for me. All of you guys are excited about seeing these guys play because you SAW them play which leads me to believe that you guys are older or watch the hell out of the classics. Is this an old head game or what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Is this a game for the old heads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlueFresh
NOT to diss or anything but this game just doesn't seem all that appealling to me, and I know why.

I didn't have the luxury to watch these guys play back in their prime and such. I mean I only see some of these guys as commentators. I appreciate the "Getting to know the player" threads but it doesn't do that much for me. All of you guys are excited about seeing these guys play because you SAW them play which leads me to believe that you guys are older or watch the hell out of the classics. Is this an old head game or what?
That's not quite true. I've never seen Earl Campbell play or Jim Brown play, but I'm still pumped to be able to use them and others like them.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Okay that's good I guess. The only players I am excited about using is Barry Sanders and John Elway,and a couple others because I just loved watching them play. Other than that I am not too happy about Lambert and others because I didn't get to see thim play but i'm sure i'll have fun anyway. It is just an observation.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #4
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

I'm 18 and it appeals to me. You don't have to be old to have seen these guys play. And if you don't know about them, go on youtube or something.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #5
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

i Never got to see unitas. but being a baltimore native its really a prerequisite to know who he is. thats why im getting this game. I mean I was gonna before? but after i knew about Unitas, i am def gonna get it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #6
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Old heads? Nah, but how can one be a true fan of a team & not know its history? This is for those who love the game of football & the legends that paved the way for your current stars.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #7
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Okay that's good I guess. The only players I am excited about using is Barry Sanders and John Elway,and a couple others because I just loved watching them play. Other than that I am not too happy about Lambert and others because I didn't get to see thim play but i'm sure i'll have fun anyway. It is just an observation.
I got to see a majority of these guys play,with the ones I didn't, it wouldn't detract the fun this game can provide,as I'm a football freak,and watch alot of older clips on NFL network or the net.

As far as Lambert.....all I can say is OMFG! He is my favorite all time player,that man was a beast. If you think Ray Lewis is mean...pft, Lambert (in his day) would make Ray Ray bow in his presence lol (I apologize Raven fan's,please don't flame me lol, lol).

I remember an interview with Elway, first year playing the Steelers...he looks across the line,and what (yes what lol) does he see??? Count Dracula in cleats (Jack Lambert) middle teeth missing, snarling at Elway.....Elway then admitting during that interview that he was scared to death...lol lol.

Now you can see why...lol

If you get a chance,or have NFL network,I would suggest catching some of those older clips,as I don't think you'd be disapointed.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 06-22-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm only 20 , but I'm a football nut. I watch ESPN classic and NFL network all the time when the older games are on, and also read books about certain players.

Being able to actually play w/ these players and see them do things they do in real life is amazing. I look forward to the game.

I also believe if you are a true football fan, not NFL just football, then the game will appeal to you no matter who's in it. No matter how you look at it, it's a football game,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »