Home

Wheres the gameplay videos

This is a discussion on Wheres the gameplay videos within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Wheres the gameplay videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
sorry, odogg. too many thoughts bunched together. responding to your post, simply they aren't looking to make as much on this game as it seems people think. if you can vision the probable sales target... the realistic one, nothing really seems that strange.

the rest of what i was saying is that we had years of comparing ea to vc in football head to head. vc's got a game again so we want to do it again... hell we may NEED to do it b/c we can't afford to buy both. but this is an area they can't be compared. tt isn't looking to make anywhere close to what ea will get from madden. there's no reason to worry about the future b/c this game "selling well" is a number that they should have no problem reaching if the gameplay is as good as it sounds.
I agree if Taketwo is smart they will try to market this game in a way that shows how different it is from Madden, in fact that is the only thing that is really going to allow this game to succeed IMO is to try to find their market outside of Madden, so that people who are definitely buying Madden will also pick up this game..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
...so that people who are definitely buying Madden will also pick up this game..
that's exactly (word for word) what thomas said in an early interview. i think the first interview after the gi article. it's still up in the air what that means or when that's going to start. but i don't think it's necessarily too late. i would've thought this week would have been the time, but the reality is this game won't sell much of anything compared to madden. with that in mind, if they released all commercials and gameplay videos just a week before release, it'd probably be effective enough. all the guys on here that NEED to see it before buying will be here every day looking for it, so they'll still have a week to decide after it comes. the people that don't know about this game yet will get a week after the commercial comes out. most of those people will buy long after release anyway b/c of word of mouth, just like a lot of 2k games have sold.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
that's exactly (word for word) what thomas said in an early interview. i think the first interview after the gi article. it's still up in the air what that means or when that's going to start. but i don't think it's necessarily too late. i would've thought this week would have been the time, but the reality is this game won't sell much of anything compared to madden. with that in mind, if they released all commercials and gameplay videos just a week before release, it'd probably be effective enough. all the guys on here that NEED to see it before buying will be here every day looking for it, so they'll still have a week to decide after it comes. the people that don't know about this game yet will get a week after the commercial comes out. most of those people will buy long after release anyway b/c of word of mouth, just like a lot of 2k games have sold.
Well said,cant explain that to everybody though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2007, 08:17 PM   #36
R**k**

Diesel3649's Arena

OVR: 3

For me I just can't get caught up worrying about sales figures and how many copies will have to be sold to make a sequel. After 2K lost the license, I never expected to see another VC football game again.

To me this game is like putting on a jacket you haven't worn in 2 years and reaching into the pocket and finding a $20.00 dollar bill. In just over three weeks I'll have the game I never expected to see, so if theres a sequel next year, fantastic, if not, I'm still playing with house money.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:41 PM   #37
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel3649
For me I just can't get caught up worrying about sales figures and how many copies will have to be sold to make a sequel. After 2K lost the license, I never expected to see another VC football game again.

To me this game is like putting on a jacket you haven't worn in 2 years and reaching into the pocket and finding a $20.00 dollar bill. In just over three weeks I'll have the game I never expected to see, so if theres a sequel next year, fantastic, if not, I'm still playing with house money.
Great way to put it.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

seriously although sad this game has made my summer man

i dont understand why everyone is complaining....everyone wanted a choice

now we have one baby

its gonna be goood
Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

All this chat is great an all.. but back to the thread topic. Why aren't there videos? Guys, this is a BAD SIGN.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:52 PM   #40
Joey Bats

y2dan's Arena

OVR: 6

No wonder the NFL gave the exclusive license to EA. At least EA promotes their games.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »