Home

Official "Where are the videos and screenshots?" Thread

This is a discussion on Official "Where are the videos and screenshots?" Thread within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #41
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official "Where are the videos and screenshots?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
In terms of importance, isn't APF far more important than The BIGS? It seems to me that because we all know the obvious (this is 2K's return to football), this game should be getting out there.
last time i checked yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
In terms of importance, isn't APF far more important than The BIGS? It seems to me that because we all know the obvious (this is 2K's return to football), this game should be getting out there.
Yea I was thinkin the same thing. Their release schedule is seriously flawed. Makes you think they made the game in a month and then told the whole company "Oh yea guys,we are releasing a unlicensed football next week, just wanted to give a heads up"
Old 06-26-2007, 07:23 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

In terms of gaming, it is a different world in which we now live. Whereas a few years ago we relied on the gaming magazines and folks at the game stores to offer us our insight on upcoming games and information/ hype, we currently are exposed to immediate updates and information from the horses mouth and a myriad of other sites and sources of info.
This becomes a blessing and a curse for us community members and hard core trackers of the information- we rely on early, detailed, all-encompassing info, videos, screenshots, etc.... and when (insert company name here) fails to offer those things up to us we become upset.
We have to remember that we're not entitled to detailed information from cradle to release... we don't need companies and developers relaying their stream-of-consciousness to us as the game is created...
I just think, even as excited as I am about some more info, we need to temper our expectations and just enjoy the idea of what we will have in our hands in a few weeks!
At least this is my .02

The unexamined life is not worth living...
Old 06-26-2007, 07:56 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

But lets say a new blockbuster movie is set to release in a few months. Imagine if we didn't know about said movie untill the week it was released. Do u think that movie would blow the box office up with ticket sales? Marketing 101.

Like I mentioned at 2ksports.com,this is a very competitive market. Both companies are constantly competing for my day one purchase. It is their job to keep my eyes focused on their product.

Some may think otherwise but as a HARDCORE supporter of 2kfootball all these years I feel we deserve more. I mean how much time does it take to have some PR guy continue the hype for the game on the internet. The game has yet to be heavily previewed by a big name game site(ign,gamespot). So excuse me for getting very upset.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:08 PM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
But lets say a new blockbuster movie is set to release in a few months. Imagine if we didn't know about said movie untill the week it was released. Do u think that movie would blow the box office up with ticket sales? Marketing 101.
Thats a bad comparison. When a blockbluster movie is being filmed the studio announces it. Two months before release the studio release a trailer. A week before release some small clips of the movie may appear online. This doesnt prevent movies from becoming hits

2k announced the game, released a trailer and two to three weeks before release will release some game clips. Same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

Only a fool would buy this game without seeing any gameplay vids
Old 06-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully

pretty harsh....but we are the hardcore.....most people buy games without seeing a gameplay video....
Old 06-26-2007, 08:50 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
Sounds like someone who hasn't played a 2k football game before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »