Home

Blocking - how do you feel?

This is a discussion on Blocking - how do you feel? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #9
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Blocking - how do you feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The cool thing too from what I saw on the trailer is that there will be some double team pass blocking now too. It was in 2k5 but not as pronounced as what I saw in the trailer. Also the FB from what I hear is going to pick up the blocks like he should.
i thought double team blocks happened during pass plays as well...i need to pop 2k5 for ol times sake to see...
Old 06-24-2007, 11:10 PM   #10
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i thought double team blocks happened during pass plays as well...i need to pop 2k5 for ol times sake to see...
I play it daily and doubles happen on both. Also I like how if they send only a 3 man rush and your line drop back to block if a defender gets past 1, the 2 open blockers will move in and give a shove or block to slow him down
Old 06-25-2007, 01:18 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

Personally, I love the way the blocking is going. From seeing the trailer at the part where the receiver is on his knees blocking, we are going to have some amazing AI with this game and blockers won't run around like idiots not blocking, I am gonna have so much fun with Barry reversing field while my blockers try to keep up with me and pave the way ( if they do that in this game )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2007, 08:52 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
They do. But notice I said more pronounced.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
not that i disagree, but i'd rather not have any reason for people to start debating. madden and ncaa are good games in their own right and obviously appeal to a LOT of people. this is a good thread about APF. no need to compare here.
It always ends up in comparisons which highjacks every thread lol. By far the two biggest positives in the 2K football game were the presentation and blocking/physical interaction system. Forget the run blocking - the way the DEs could rush up field without being suction blocked into a wrestling match with the OT was really good.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
I am sure it will be. The blocking was excellent, it was miss blocks and every now and then a lineman would pick up the wrong guy letting a DL right at the QB off the hike. But it never happened to much. Now as far as the speed burst, I just stopped charging up and it made the line play much better. Gave the CPU a chance to get rid of ball.

Oh and thanks wharton
Im thinking more about the online play.. because you know if that hasnt been addressed, this game is as good as a drink coaster. Im betting it has been taken care of.. but Id like to have the peace of mind.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:24 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

there is a dumb looking block in the trailer where the guy runs up to what I think is a DB and almost looks like he sucker punches him, and he crumples down to the ground.

But all the other ones looked stellar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2007, 01:20 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman242
there is a dumb looking block in the trailer where the guy runs up to what I think is a DB and almost looks like he sucker punches him, and he crumples down to the ground.

But all the other ones looked stellar.
I didn't think that was a block. I thought that was showing the way old DB's played - namely beating the WR up at the line - is in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »