Home

Blocking - how do you feel?

This is a discussion on Blocking - how do you feel? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6
Blocking - how do you feel?

Hey well like always I been playing alot of 2K5 and then went play some NCAA 07 right after. I have to say one of the best parts of 2K5 that might get over looked is the Blocking. The blocking was so excellent. Double team blocking, I don't even think madden or NCAA have it still.

On the reason why i posted this. I been watching the trailer and watching all the back ground stuff happening, people walking to line, how players move and look realistic in backgrounds. As I was watching I focused on seeing if the blocking looked as good as 2K5. Well the answer is simple YES. The one play with walter payton shakes the guy, spins off another then get popped. In the background I love how you see the guy fighting to block, dropping to both knees and still trying to block. Bell has the screen shot in his sig.

But do you all agree blocking is one of the excellent selling points (at least for me). It has always stood heads and shoulders above EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2007, 03:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Blocking - how do you feel?

I don't remember double team blocking. That's not to say it wasn't in the game. I didn't remember 2-man tackling either but that was definitely in the game.

The blocking was mostly good. I think on some plays it was a little too easy to get into the backfield. For some reason there was a 3-4 play that had one of the ILBs free most of the time.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #3
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

lol, JRod... ok buddy.

Yep, there's double team blocking in 2k5 as hotshot said, and it's been expanded on in APF. JRod, all you have to do is put in all the football games and watch the line, it's pretty clear. I guess you're right, hotshot, people have forgotten about it. the blocking that you're talking about isn't "mostly" good, it's by far the best around.

btw, the peopel getting in the backfield too easily on occassions was a result of full backs running patterns not picking up blitzers (lbz's broken it down many times... one of his pet peeves) and the T getting "stuck" in open space and letting a guy right by them.

all indications are that both have been addressed and discussed in other threads.

good post, hotshot.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
lol, JRod... ok buddy.

Yep, there's double team blocking in 2k5 as hotshot said, and it's been expanded on in APF. JRod, all you have to do is put in all the football games and watch the line, it's pretty clear. I guess you're right, hotshot, people have forgotten about it. the blocking that you're talking about isn't "mostly" good, it's by far the best around.

btw, the peopel getting in the backfield too easily on occassions was a result of full backs running patterns not picking up blitzers (lbz's broken it down many times... one of his pet peeves) and the T getting "stuck" in open space and letting a guy right by them.

all indications are that both have been addressed and discussed in other threads.

good post, hotshot.

The cool thing too from what I saw on the trailer is that there will be some double team pass blocking now too. It was in 2k5 but not as pronounced as what I saw in the trailer. Also the FB from what I hear is going to pick up the blocks like he should.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #5
Banned

Blackvivaldi's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
Hey well like always I been playing alot of 2K5 and then went play some NCAA 07 right after. I have to say one of the best parts of 2K5 that might get over looked is the Blocking. The blocking was so excellent. Double team blocking, I don't even think madden or NCAA have it still.

On the reason why i posted this. I been watching the trailer and watching all the back ground stuff happening, people walking to line, how players move and look realistic in backgrounds. As I was watching I focused on seeing if the blocking looked as good as 2K5. Well the answer is simple YES. The one play with walter payton shakes the guy, spins off another then get popped. In the background I love how you see the guy fighting to block, dropping to both knees and still trying to block. Bell has the screen shot in his sig.

But do you all agree blocking is one of the excellent selling points (at least for me). It has always stood heads and shoulders above EA.

Gameplaywise, everything in 2k5 stands head and shoulders over madden or ncaa...Ea is very good at the offline stuff though...The perfect game will have 2k gameplay and ea francise mode...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

not that i disagree, but i'd rather not have any reason for people to start debating. madden and ncaa are good games in their own right and obviously appeal to a LOT of people. this is a good thread about APF. no need to compare here.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

Will people be able to speed burst passed the O-lineman for automatic sacks again, or has this been addressed?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:36 PM   #8
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue58
Will people be able to speed burst passed the O-lineman for automatic sacks again, or has this been addressed?
I am sure it will be. The blocking was excellent, it was miss blocks and every now and then a lineman would pick up the wrong guy letting a DL right at the QB off the hike. But it never happened to much. Now as far as the speed burst, I just stopped charging up and it made the line play much better. Gave the CPU a chance to get rid of ball.

Oh and thanks wharton

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »