Home

Whats your QB style

This is a discussion on Whats your QB style within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Whats your QB style

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
(Steve Young)
More rushing touchdowns than Gale Sayer
Pass for more touchdowns that Terry Bradshaw.
Man was truly great.
young is amazing but neither 1 of those stats is particular surprising or fabulous. sayerS didnt play all that long, & bradshaw (despite the superbowls) was just not a very good QB, he was just a winner.

consider what some poster wrote about bubby brister:
Quote:
Bottom line- a 55% passer with a td-int ratio of almost one to one. The living embodiment of the term "nothing special".
^meanwhile, bradshaw was only a 50% passer & had just 2 more TDs than INTs... & he's none too bright either (nice enough guy though)

actually, some of those steelers in general seem to get a free pass to "overall greatness" b/c of their winning ways. this was going around after art monk got snubbed again on the HOF

Quote:
look @ lynn swann's numbers some time. i will concede that he was a great deep threat (good yds/cth & a knack for TDs), but not much more & definitely not HOF material compared w/ the likes of Monk. Swann was elected just because of 2 great performances in the SB.

he has fewer than 350 catches & 5500 yds...for reference, "johnnie's" morton has 8700 career yds & ricky proehl almost twice as many catches. even in swann's absolute best seasons he was not among the elite:

-finished in the top-5 in receiving yds just 1 time in his entire career
-never higher 7th in catches (look @ the pedestrian guys who finished ahead of him)
-caught more than 50 passes just 1 time
-NEVER caught 1000 rec yds in a season
-not in the top-50 in any major category

if you took Jerry Rice's career & ignored ALL his pre-ACL tear years, looking at his career only after his return from injury at 38 years of age, he still destroys swann's numbers with 492 catches, 6440 yds, 42 TDs

Last edited by puja21; 06-26-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #58
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
If I can get him with a Silver I'll take him too. But if he's gold I'll pass. I probably will never use a gold on a QB.
I'm pretty sure Warren Moon is a Silver. So you know who to get now
Old 06-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Lol! Yeah, but he had one the stongest arms in the NFL. I would have meetings with him and calm him down, explaining to him that my team would be his last chance to succeed and prove to everyone that they were wrong about him.

Kind of like his season with the Vikings. I believe you can actually trace the downfall of three people to that one offseason. Dennis Green most likely wouldn't have been fired if he had brung back Jeff George, they would have gone to the playoffs for the next 3 years and probably slipped by once and got beat in the Super Bowl. Randy Moss would have been delighted to keep catching those bombs from that golden arm (he's stated that Jeff was his favorite QB)..keeping him happy and quite possibly looking at record seasons. Jeff would have been able to live down his clubhouse cancer rep. Which is funny I like to call BS on all these people calling him a clubhouse cancer but by and large criminals are OK. I understand that not that many NFL players are getting in trouble but a guy with no criminal record is a BAD guy. Whatever. If Jeff was in this game probably BRONZE, I'd put him with two GOLD recievers and a silver back, perhaps a Speed back ala RObert SMith and watch as I relive the Vikings of the late 90's.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:13 PM   #60
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by X*Cell
I'm pretty sure Warren Moon is a Silver. So you know who to get now
Moon's in the Hall of Fame. I'm pretty sure he will be a gold. Along with Aikman, Young, Montana... Manning (Archie) will probably be a silver though.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #61
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Jim Harbaugh baby. He's the reason I fell in love with the Colts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
young is amazing but neither 1 of those stats is particular surprising or fabulous. sayerS didnt play all that long, & bradshaw (despite the superbowls) was just not a very good QB, he was just a winner.

consider what some poster wrote about bubby brister:
^meanwhile, bradshaw was only a 50% passer & had just 2 more TDs than INTs... & he's none too bright either (nice enough guy though)

actually, some of those steelers in general seem to get a free pass to "overall greatness" b/c of their winning ways. this was going around after art monk got snubbed again on the HOF
Joe Namath can be in that boat, he threw more ints than TD's in his career, and overall numbers aren't impressive compared to others - including players that will never get in the hall...I think K. Collins has better stats. But Namath did win some big games...
Old 06-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #63
Banned

who said Warren Moon should be Silver;????

"
Despite spending his first six professional seasons in the CFL, Moon ranked third all-time in NFL passing yardage and fourth in touchdown passes thrown at the time of his retirement."

He's a for sure gold. If his whole career was in the NFL he would probably be only 2nd to Marino in stats and maybe pass him in some too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »