Home

Question re sprinting: I fired up 2k5 last night for

This is a discussion on Question re sprinting: I fired up 2k5 last night for within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question re sprinting: I fired up 2k5 last night for

the first time in years to get a feel for the game before APF's release. While the game was a lot of fun, I was reminded why I stopped playing it in favor of Madden back in the day (I'm not a Madden or EA guy but I did enjoy Madden '05 more than any other Madden game, although I much preferred the running game, graphics, and animations in 2k5).

The thing that drives me nuts is tapping 'A' for sprinting. I don't mind it so much on offense but I hate it on defense. First, it is very difficult to switch to a DB with the 'B' button and then start sprinting by tapping 'A' without losing speed at the moment of switching (which often leads to long TDs). Also, it makes the defenders run in a herky jerky motion when adjusting direction at all, which also leads to offensive players breaking away for long TDs.

With all that said, I have not played 2k5 as much as many others have, and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for overcoming these issues. I am really looking forward to APF and am hoping that the "tapping" issue doesn't ruin it for me. Thanks for any responses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Question re sprinting: I fired up 2k5 last night for

I might be one of the few here but I actually liked tapping the A button... I don't know, it just seemed cool sometimes to throw the ball up there and switch to the WR and burn the DB for a score instead of just pressing turbo.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
I might be one of the few here but I actually liked tapping the A button... I don't know, it just seemed cool sometimes to throw the ball up there and switch to the WR and burn the DB for a score instead of just pressing turbo.
i also liked it. I think its more immersive than just pressing a button once. Gets you all excited when your trying to pull away from a defender or catch up to a ball carrier.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

I really liked it. I didn't at first, but then when I would go back to Madden and NCAA I missed it. It always made me feel more like I was more in control instead of everything being entirely dictated by ratings.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #5
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I hate holding the buttin..it takes no skill.

For DBs, what you need to do is hit B button right when the QB releases the ball and it is still in the air. Then without hitting the sticks you can start tapping A to give the DB more speed without him changing the direction he is running in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
neither does rapidly tapping a
Old 06-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab

For DBs, what you need to do is hit B button right when the QB releases the ball and it is still in the air. Then without hitting the sticks you can start tapping A to give the DB more speed without him changing the direction he is running in.

Yes, always make your DB switch while the ball is in the air. Waiting until after the catch is made to make the switch will mess you up just about every time. If you switch while it's in the air, unless you're burned badly you can be right there to bring the receiver down immediately almost every time.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

The tap feels right. Holding down for turbo feels...out of control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »