Home

New Gamespot APF2K8 hands on

This is a discussion on New Gamespot APF2K8 hands on within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2007, 10:37 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: New Gamespot APF2K8 hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
There is no doubt that the gameplay is what will keep you coming back. But, I'm one who loved the presentation and never got tired of it. I think I only cycled off of the halftime and Postgame show of 2K5 maybe 2 or 3 times in the 3 years I've had the game! Now that's some serious enjoying
Yeah, but ah well, if this game sells well and 2k continues All-Pro .. they've got over a year to make this game much better. I think that almost guarantees the presentation, maybe more than 2k5 .. and possibly a new engine ( maybe not though I don't know how long those take )
Old 06-29-2007, 10:43 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
I've always thought of presentation being things like: Replay sequences, overlays, sideline reporting, commentary, Pregame shows, halftime shows, post game shows. You know, presentation like what's defined with a TV broadcast. 2K5 established that standard. We're not getting that this time, and to me different just doesn't mean better in this case; it means less. That doesn't mean it can't be liked, but it certainly isn't as robust.

To me, living sidelines have nothing to do with presentation as it has to do with on-field/in-game atmosphere which is something separate. Having said that, I think living sidelines are long overdue and I'm glad it's in there.
Presentation -Noun: "a visual representation of something."

Presentation has more than one meaning, it means what you and unforgiven stated, and it also means what I have stated. You have booth/broadcast presentation, then you have an over all visual representation, in the case of APF, on the field. Again, one is no better than the other it boils down to your personal taste. Also, I beg to differ with you, different means different, less means less. From you perception on the field presentation means less, to me, it is simply different. Less indicates a deprivation of something, different means a refocusing. I think APF, due to certain constraints had to go in a different direction, and like Methlab stated above it is not way behind 2k5 is simply different. Some may like it better. I would have to play the game first to decide.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:52 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

one thing i didnt like too much with 2k5 was the playbook.

the WR routes seemed too generic, but maybe it was just me.

I hated the running in 2k5. If felt like the player had a pole up his behind
I do like the tackling Idea though with the moving your stick left or right to tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »