Home

Custom Soundtracks

This is a discussion on Custom Soundtracks within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Custom Soundtracks

How do they work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Custom Soundtracks

bump
Old 06-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
Banned

double bump
Old 06-30-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Stop bumping this thread...if someone has the answer it will be answered.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

The easiest way to get custom soundtracks is to plug up a personal music player. I use my zune and stream music off of that all the time. You should pick one up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

I assume it'll work like in 2k5, and pretty much every other sports 2k game almost ever made. Probably be a "crib" for your trophies (did they say there would be one in this game? I haven't heard), and a jukebox where you can select your tracks. If not, I'm sure there'd be a way to select tracks from an Audio option or something.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ok guys this is how it works. It does not! You can thank Microsoft for implementing the streaming of music from the hard drive or a networked PC or even a digital audio device from the dashboard. Since they did this so that you can listne to your music from any game developers think they no longer have to use custom soundtracks. The custom soundtrack label on games means nothing anymore like it did ont he Xbox. The music you play is only over layed on the game and then the game music is muted. That to me is not a custom soundtrack. I want my music to act like the game music does. I miss being able to choose the music clips I wanted when I made a sack or when I scored a TD. All developers have passed on custom soundtracks simply because it is now a built in feature for the 360 itself to play your music at anytime. Shoot now you can start playing your music while in a game from the guide menu and then quit the game if you want and your music is still playing. This feature is nice but I wish the devs would still do real custom soundtracks like they did on the Xbox. Nobody does it anymore. I doubt 2K will ever do it again now either even though that was the neatest feature ever. I used to play Busta Rhymes song Ambulance whenever I sacked the QB. LOL! Oh the memories. Sadly this is gone now. So remember folks it is thanks to Microsoft for adding this new feature and the laziness of all the devs as to why we do not have real custom soundtracks in our games anymore.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #8
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMonroy
Ok guys this is how it works. It does not! You can thank Microsoft for implementing the streaming of music from the hard drive or a networked PC or even a digital audio device from the dashboard. Since they did this so that you can listne to your music from any game developers think they no longer have to use custom soundtracks. The custom soundtrack label on games means nothing anymore like it did ont he Xbox. The music you play is only over layed on the game and then the game music is muted. That to me is not a custom soundtrack. I want my music to act like the game music does. I miss being able to choose the music clips I wanted when I made a sack or when I scored a TD. All developers have passed on custom soundtracks simply because it is now a built in feature for the 360 itself to play your music at anytime. Shoot now you can start playing your music while in a game from the guide menu and then quit the game if you want and your music is still playing. This feature is nice but I wish the devs would still do real custom soundtracks like they did on the Xbox. Nobody does it anymore. I doubt 2K will ever do it again now either even though that was the neatest feature ever. I used to play Busta Rhymes song Ambulance whenever I sacked the QB. LOL! Oh the memories. Sadly this is gone now. So remember folks it is thanks to Microsoft for adding this new feature and the laziness of all the devs as to why we do not have real custom soundtracks in our games anymore.
You could do it the in-game way like NFL 2k5 in NHL 2k7 for the 360. The spring update broke it but it used to work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »