Home

Interesting Idea.....

This is a discussion on Interesting Idea..... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #9
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Interesting Idea.....

2k doesnt have enough $$$$$$ to pull in top rookies year after year, along with adding new legends..

with that said, i really hope they could pull something like this off though!!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

Personally, I am surprsied that 2K did not try to resurrect the USFL teams for this game....think about the great players that DID play in the USFL - Steve Young, Reggie White, Herschel Walker, Jim Kelly, Doug Flutie (oh sorry...I meant great overall players...oops)...and that league had names, uniforms and the like that could have been used as templates to customize and make your own uni's.

It would have been cool to see, but I think 2K opted not to pissed off the NFL in every way they could to keep from being shut out of the bidding next time the license is up....the sad thing is that they have ZERO chance of even competitively bidding against EA. If EA decides that they want continued exclusivity on the NFL, then its a done deal - 2K and TT do not have the necessary warchest to "go to the matresses" with EA....
Old 07-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_max
Not having the popular rookies and their exact names/pictures won't stop anyone from buying Madden. EA has this simple little mode called "Create-A-Player".
That's not the point at all.

The point is to have current, recognizable players in your game. No one thinks this will stop people from buying Madden; the goal would be to get more people to buy APF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
2k doesnt have enough $$$$$$ to pull in top rookies year after year, along with adding new legends..
They've got the money. They just signed 240+ guys individually.

Also, it's been said that some legends have been signed for a period of time probably going past just this one game, so there would be plenty money left over to pick up a few rookies, which they aren't going to pay a whole lot to anyway.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Personally, I am surprsied that 2K did not try to resurrect the USFL teams for this game....think about the great players that DID play in the USFL - Steve Young, Reggie White, Herschel Walker, Jim Kelly, Doug Flutie (oh sorry...I meant great overall players...oops)...and that league had names, uniforms and the like that could have been used as templates to customize and make your own uni's.

It would have been cool to see, but I think 2K opted not to pissed off the NFL in every way they could to keep from being shut out of the bidding next time the license is up....the sad thing is that they have ZERO chance of even competitively bidding against EA. If EA decides that they want continued exclusivity on the NFL, then its a done deal - 2K and TT do not have the necessary warchest to "go to the matresses" with EA....
I've heard the USFL idea forever, and I just don't see how it would be viable. It's a league that lasted just a few seasons, failed miserably, and is virtually forgotten. The best of the best players from that league wound up in the NFL anyway, and the best of those guys are in APF. Doing USFL would have been a waste; it just would've been a head-scratcher, even moreso than some of the stuff they're already doing with APF. I mean, they might as well do a game based on the WFL (World Football League from the 70's), because in a lot of ways it's the same situation. Either way, it would be a head-scratcher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »