Home

recreate NFL

This is a discussion on recreate NFL within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: recreate NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah, I know what you mean. I believe you will be able to do what you're talking about, but I don't think there will be that many teams or players that you can create to make this even worth the effort. That's why I said, it may still be to you. Seems like a lot of work for little reward to me. But maybe you're only looking to do a couple of teams. Don't know how many players you could get in though.

I heard that you can edit the generic player names that along with the create a player should be enough.

I just hope they don't deprive us of options that were in 2k5.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bringer
is there ZERO options for a user to edit,rosters teams and unis for more then one team?
You can edit your team only.

I haven't even heard if you can control CPU teams, assign the CPU custom playbooks and set their playcalling tendencies, all of which was possible in NFL 2K5 of course. And if it's not possible, this game is probably a no-purchase for me. All pretty weird when you think how Thomas and Chau promoted the game as the having the deepest customization imaginable.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
You can edit your team only.

I haven't even heard if you can control CPU teams, assign the CPU custom playbooks and set their playcalling tendencies, all of which was possible in NFL 2K5 of course. And if it's not possible, this game is probably a no-purchase for me. All pretty weird when you think how Thomas and Chau promoted the game as the having the deepest customization imaginable.

where did you read or hear you can't edit any other team outside of season mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

not the "deepest imaginable"... maybe "deepest you've ever seen" but they didn't say imaginable. i'm sure they've gotten a clear view of some of the imaginations of some people here. it sounds like it will be the deepest we've ever seen... especially in a football game.

of course there's going to be a lot of limitations that weren't in 2k5. you don't have teams to pick from in this game. that alone will change things a lot. those things make sense.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:32 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
where did you read or hear you can't edit any other team outside of season mode?
INCREDIBLE CUSTOMIZATION - Create-a-player, build your roster, edit your team logo, colorize of every aspect of your team uniforms, customize your playbook, and choose your own celebrations after touchdowns, sacks and big plays.

Emphasis on your roster and your team. It's already been stated by Thomas that we won't be able to recreate the NFL. And I personally don't call that incredible or even deep. I call that extremely limiting.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

I will try to create the redskins:

**1st I will have as many Redskin Legends as possible; I am picturing Theismann, Bobby Mitchell, Charley Taylor, Gary Clark, Dexter Manley, and Dave Butz; give or take there Gold, Silver, Bronze status.

**2nd I will pick a logo and color scheme that looks similar.

**3rd balance out my team (passing and running) or have a running game
oriented team.

**4th post the code here for anyone interested.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Anthony Chau told me at the 2k event that you couldnt. Also I didnt see any options for editing other teams when I played the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 31

I have no desire to recreate the NFL but I did have a desire to edit and create a fictional league. My goal was to have more teams run old school offenses along with some air it out teams to get more variety than we see in the NFL.

That is what I did with Madden 07 on PC last year and if APF 2008 cannot deliver this experience this year I may go back to it. With Madden's play editor I was running the wishbone offense along with some formations I created. That is the kind of customization I was hoping for with this game. And thats why I keep on saying we are getting a half-assed game. One that isn't going to realize its potential because of asinine limitations like the lack of customization of rosters and players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »