Home

recreate NFL

This is a discussion on recreate NFL within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #65
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: recreate NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Not a game killer. A replay value killer. With 2K's game play, there really isn't anything that can be called game killing... except maybe that pursuit angle glitch in 2K4, ARRGH!
Does the new NCAA or Madden interest you at all since APF2K8 doesn't have the things you like?

I'd hate to see you go without football...cold turkey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Does the new NCAA or Madden interest you at all since APF2K8 doesn't have the things you like?

I'd hate to see you go without football...cold turkey.
I still play 2K5! Fired it up this morning. Last Madden I bought was 03. I'm happy, no probs
Old 07-06-2007, 12:55 AM   #67
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
The "lack of direction" IMO, comes from them wanting to make it customizable, but not hurt the NFL's feelings.

Personally, I didn't want to create the NFL. I wanted to name my team the "Pain Trains". I cannot do that.

Basically, they made customizable uniforms and colors.

I mean, I'm not sure this is more customizable than NCAA on the Xbox.

It's one of those things where 2k needs to release the bad news early and then the good.

Instead they gave us "fully customizable". So I'm watching the clips and I'm thinking it looks nice. But dammit, then I see the team creation. Nice uniform customs, limited logos, but I can deal, but then you can't create a team name or a stadium name? The Hell were they thinking?

2k is the abused girlfriend. It's obvious the NFL ain't going to get together with you right now, so now you take your half, drive his Benz around, and bang other dudes in it. You don't call him on Friday night.
And there's a wonder why the negative posts take so much heat. Not that this post is negative, dawg, but it's clearly a result of reading things so much it's just assumed to be true.

VC's approach was to give the bad news first. Remember that first article? "There's going to be a lot of backlash but people are going to have to shut up and play." Man could be a psychic after that one. There isn't anyone from TT, VC, 2ksports or any gaming site that played the game that mentioned "fully customizable". That term was created on the forum. They bragged of the many things that are customizable, and there are a lot... just not the entire game like everyone wanted. Even though they said it right up front, people are still complaining now that they were promised something that was never put out there... and now others are remembering that they heard this stuff.

This is the decision they decided to go. There aren't going to be any surprises. Some people denied the truth for so long when they've done everything they could to put it out there, smack in the face.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:58 AM   #68
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
And there's a wonder why the negative posts take so much heat. Not that this post is negative, dawg, but it's clearly a result of reading things so much it's just assumed to be true.

VC's approach was to give the bad news first. Remember that first article? "There's going to be a lot of backlash but people are going to have to shut up and play." Man could be a psychic after that one. There isn't anyone from TT, VC, 2ksports or any gaming site that played the game that mentioned "fully customizable". That term was created on the forum. They bragged of the many things that are customizable, and there are a lot... just not the entire game like everyone wanted. Even though they said it right up front, people are still complaining now that they were promised something that was never put out there... and now others are remembering that they heard this stuff.

This is the decision they decided to go. There aren't going to be any surprises. Some people denied the truth for so long when they've done everything they could to put it out there, smack in the face.
Great Post! If only people would realize everything that you said is absolutely true. Oh well, some people believe what they want to believe.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
And I personally have never been so disappointed. Since first hearing about the game and feeling a lot of excitement, I've become more and more disappointed with every new bit of info that's been released. Seems we're getting a barebones, featureless, non-customizable online game, in order to satisfy... the NFL??? Unbelievable.

BTW: I'm not really all that disappointed. I just said that because you said something similar, and I was just showing how all of this is about opinions and preferences, nothing more. Fact is, I really don't care one way or the other. It would be nice to have a new 2K football game, but NFL 2K5 works for me, and I still play it all the time. So no real loss, for me anyways
baa7,I'll just say keep enlighting us with your sparkling opinions of this game and I will keep enjoying it when it comes out.Oh and nothing was really personal,I understand that you don't like the game and you are right the game lacks many things I'm just one that is excited about the things that it does bring.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #70
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Ironically, the NFL is doing an awesome job of pumping me up for this game. Every day at work (I work at a bar) I've watched nothing but The NFL Network which has been showcasing America's Game as well as a bunch of Top 10 lists. Has me very pumped to play with all of these legends.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:06 PM   #71
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Man I was thinking the same thing, Xavier! Having the nfl network is pretty new but even espn is showing a lot of footage on these old guys. I'm sure it's not strategic but talk about some lucky timing for the folks at VC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Man I was thinking the same thing, Xavier! Having the nfl network is pretty new but even espn is showing a lot of footage on these old guys. I'm sure it's not strategic but talk about some lucky timing for the folks at VC.
Yeah man,the Hall of Fame game is a month away Ha Ha!...2k football iz back!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »