Home

IGN preview & new video

This is a discussion on IGN preview & new video within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #49
Rookie

KDRIZZLE2K4's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: IGN preview & new video

My insider just expired two days ago...
Old 07-03-2007, 12:24 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Were you just watching that episode on TBS too?

I feel lucky that I never played 2k5 because these new videos look so much like real football, and its all going to be new to me
Yea i was lol
Old 07-03-2007, 12:28 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I'm getting worried that the defense hasn't been fixed at all. If that turns out to be the case, this could be a no go for me.

*After thinking about it more - it basically looks like they remade 2k5 for the 360, but instead of NFL players had to make legend players. I'm not really excited at all about that.
The problem IMO is that there are just not enough defenders in this game to offset the offensive guys. Nobody in this game will be able to cover Rice. Then that video had a generic CB on him. This was my only fear with the game. Look at how man Legend CB's there are vs the WR's. It's not even close. Without a Prime Time or Daryll Green Rice will own this game. Rod Woodson is close at CB though, but are there any other gold CB's. He might be the only one. Should still be a great game to play though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2007, 12:29 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
About the Manley sack. Someone will always come free vs. a Bear and a 5 man front. The key is that a quick pass kills the Bear defense(hence the expression "Charlie kills the Bear"). The REAL problem with that vid is that the QB didn't find his open receiver quick enough. I hope the QB AI is improved.
Yeah I noticed that. They were running 46 Bear vs 5WR LOL. If you don't throw the ball quick it's over.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Unfortunately, it's George Louis Costanza.
Not only that but wouldn't it have been more clever to say something like Vandelay or whatever those names he used to throw around.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:35 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is probably going to be one of those games where Montana and Rice are just unstoppable. Making the game not fun
Old 07-03-2007, 12:35 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Believe it or not, George isn't at home. Please leave a message at the beep...
:y4:

Ah yes, gotta love the Seinfeld references. Anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r
The DB play against the CPU Rice long pass - dumb.

The pass to the HB in the flat. Bad because the animation still freezes the HB while he goes about catching the pass, pauses before turning up field... Exactly the same as 2k5.
I cringed when I watched those too. Haha, as someone else also said, it does seem to get a little more disappointing with each gameplay video I watch. But I'm also seeing some great stuff with the silky 60 fps on Xbox360. So how would you all feel about a high res 2K5 with some tweaks and some same old stuff? I think that at the core that is what we are getting. And honestly, I'm ok with that. I'm a HUGE 2K football fan, and I know that I am a bit fanboyish inside when it comes to them sometimes. But as Intihar said on the 1up podcast this last Friday, I don't think its the second coming that alot of us think it is. But I'm still pumped to get my hands on the demo soon. And if it comes down to just this, that Greg Thomas and the boys gave EA a little kick in the behind, with Madden looking seriously more promising than the last few years (all EA hype aside, but dang I need my NFL license, ha), I'm ok with that for a first go around on the next gen systems.

Hello fellow forum poster! We all like to get our opinions out and chat it up with the community. If you have a nack for this and are interested in writing, I'm looking for dedicated gaming bloggers. Contact me at [email protected]!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

I'm not disappointed with the Rice TD's here because he's being covered by generic guys. But if that happens to guys that I have drafted as Legends that's when I'm going to just roll my eyes and be like ummmm hmmm, whatever LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »