Home

How Many Copies Will APF2K8 Sell?

This is a discussion on How Many Copies Will APF2K8 Sell? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How many games will 2k8 sell?
0-100k 4 3.88%
100k-250k 23 22.33%
250k-350k 21 20.39%
350-500k 22 21.36%
500k-1M 22 21.36%
1M+ 11 10.68%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 05:06 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 22
Re: How Many Copies Will APF2K8 Sell?

I think 2k has alot of fans who habe been waiting for this, me included. I would say it could sell anything between 650 000 - 1 000 000 copies if they get great reviews.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:16 AM   #10
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

not going to be anywhere near one million copies. I really think people dont realize how few games ever reach 1 million copies....it's just not remotely possibly...

i'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 250-300k
Old 07-04-2007, 06:53 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

- No franchise = loss of at least 60% of the gaming public.
- Lack of any real customization (no custom seasons; inability to control CPU teams; inability to create custom CPU teams, CPU team game plans and playbooks; inability to edit more than one team; inability to edit default players; inability to create a reasonable number of players) = alienating maybe another 30% of gamers and 2K5 fans.

This game probably appeals to, at best, 15% of the gamers who might have considered purchasing an unlicensed football game. How many units did NFL 2K5 sell? This game will sell maybe 15-25% of that number, tops, would be my guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2007, 07:17 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Kenny
Because the developer on the chat today seem like they have a ton more really great additions they will add for APF2k9. And he kept mentioning about buying the game and helping out so they can include these features.

Also he said that if this title is succesful, more Legends will be added. And some of those missing Legends start calling 2k so they will be added in the game.
That’s the “great additions” to any future game? More legends?

If VC/2K really wanted APF to succeed, they would have added franchise mode. These people are not stupid. They knew that by not putting franchise mode in, the game became an INSTANT and AUTOMATIC no-purchase for at least 50% of the consumers who might have considered purchasing a non-licensed football game. Gawd knows what went on in their heads to justify that one…

People are kidding themselves if they think any future versions of this game are going to be ‘deeper’. 2K is apparently going to keep things just the way they are until they can take a crack at the NFL license (LOL and good luck with that). In the meantime, what will they dare to add that that won’t ‘offend the NFL’? Slipperier fields when raining? Better online leagues? That doesn’t do it for me.

When I first heard there would be no franchise, it didn’t bother me because I don’t play franchise. Then when I heard we would only be able to edit one team, and couldn’t edit default players, and couldn’t create and control CPU teams etc – a complete lack of customization, in other words – the game went from will purchase to will rent first.

And now that I’m hearing we can only create – is it 8 or 10? – players, I have lost all interest. I’ll check the user reviews when APF comes out. And maybe after a few weeks if I’m in Blockbuster and I happen to see a copy on the shelf, I’ll consider spending $10 to rent it. But that’s it.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:20 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7

If VC/2K really wanted APF to succeed, they would have added franchise mode. These people are not stupid. They knew that by not putting franchise mode in, the game became an INSTANT and AUTOMATIC no-purchase for at least 50% of the consumers who might have considered purchasing a non-licensed football game. Gawd knows what went on in their heads to justify that one…

People are kidding themselves if they think any future versions of this game are going to be ‘deeper’. 2K is apparently going to keep things just the way they are until they can take a crack at the NFL license (LOL and good luck with that). In the meantime, what will they dare to add that that won’t ‘offend the NFL’? Slipperier fields when raining? Better online leagues? That doesn’t do it for me.

When I first heard there would be no franchise, it didn’t bother me because I don’t play franchise. Then when I heard we would only be able to edit one team, and couldn’t edit default players, and couldn’t create and control CPU teams etc – a complete lack of customization, in other words – the game went from will purchase to will rent first.

And now that I’m hearing we can only create – is it 8 or 10? – players, I have lost all interest. I’ll check the user reviews when APF comes out. And maybe after a few weeks if I’m in Blockbuster and I happen to see a copy on the shelf, I’ll consider spending $10 to rent it. But that’s it.
I have been calling this game a half assed effort and everyone has been jumping on me here because of it. But your points are exactly mine, except I will likely purchase it because I like the idea of playing with Walter Payton.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

As others have said, I think 250K-300K.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:30 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7

I'll be the token APF defender, because i just don't agree with some points. One i think its more likely that 50% of the hardcore will have a problem with no franchise than 50% of the casual gamers. I know alot of casual gamers and the high major just want to pick up and play online or exhibition games.

Not edits the generics, again mainly hardcore would care. 8 CAPs, mainly hardcore issue again, sorry most casuals are not cranking out 50 CAPS or so in games.

The price point, being a new IP and no NFL will be the lack of sales for this game, assuming its good. In my opinion, your points are reasons that hardcores wouldn't want it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2007, 07:46 AM   #16
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I'll be the token APF defender, because i just don't agree with some points. One i think its more likely that 50% of the hardcore will have a problem with no franchise than 50% of the casual gamers. I know alot of casual gamers and the high major just want to pick up and play online or exhibition games.

Not edits the generics, again mainly hardcore would care. 8 CAPs, mainly hardcore issue again, sorry most casuals are not cranking out 50 CAPS or so in games.

The price point, being a new IP and no NFL will be the lack of sales for this game, assuming its good. In my opinion, your points are reasons that hardcores wouldn't want it.
Agreed.

I can't see this game selling a million copies. No franchise and limited editing ability hurts A LOT. IMO, 500k is a reasonable goal w/ a great marketing blitz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »