Home

How Many Copies Will APF2K8 Sell?

This is a discussion on How Many Copies Will APF2K8 Sell? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How many games will 2k8 sell?
0-100k 4 3.88%
100k-250k 23 22.33%
250k-350k 21 20.39%
350-500k 22 21.36%
500k-1M 22 21.36%
1M+ 11 10.68%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 11:51 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: How Many Copies Will APF2K8 Sell?

College Hoops sold 150k on the 360...if APF2k8 does 350k on both consoles combined by the end of 2007 I'd say it would be considered pretty successful.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta07
im still waiting on a response to this for the simple fact that people are really exaggerating with this watered down crap. cmon , someone prove this wrong. waiting . .
Ok ready.

1.signature styles: new to the series, was in nba and mlb games. Already gave you this one as being new.

2. Stadiums: May be new and exiting to you, but may be over the top and cheesy to others. I have not yet seen enough to make a judgement for myself.

3.Legendary players: Its ok to have these guys, it adds a nfl feel to the game for sure. They needed something to push sales. I believe legends are included in games by the other company as well.

4.weather: If it does add to gameplay then thats a great feature. As we all know weather does play a factor in NFL games all the time with turnovers, missed kicks etc...

5.Real time injury's : yet to be seen how it is used. They havn't shown any video with this yet.

6.Uniform editing. No editing other teams in season mode!! thats all I need to know

7.Graphics: I think many people are underwhelmed with what they have seen so far. 2k5 was arguably better then even madden 07 on 360 in terms of player models,animations etc.. I for one just expected to be blown away by the player models and I am not.

8.Lip synching: who cares, Really!

9. Late hits: again who cares, and I still haven't seen confirmation in any videos about this.

10.Customizable teams: Endless matchups against guys you already have on your team that is. Who the hell wants to go online with Barry sanders on their team and then have to play a guy with him on theres as well. Not me. they should have implemented a fantasy type draft to avoid this.

11.Field pass: Presentation was 2k5's strong point IMO. This may be a cool feature that adds to the atmosphere in the game, but personally I see it getting repetative and old after a few dozen games.

12.Arm tackling: Cool feature if your RB is able to run through them as well as being tripped up sometimes. Ill give you this one. I think this needed to be added to every game for the last 5 years. You watch Football on sundays and you see guys reaching for shoestring tackles all the time while being blocked.

13. Thats it. not trying to start anything but some people just have on rose colored glasses. The game will probably play the best game of football ever. They just shouldla added franchise and the ability to edit all teams and players in the game and more then 8 created players. That right there would of had me buying it on day 1. sorry bout the grammer guys. Im off to see the Transformer movie, Happy 4th people.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #59
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_Knight
200k tops. Across both 360/PS3. Releasing in direct competition with NCAA is bad juju for one thing, the lack of advertising is another. Plus, lack of options, no license, and it's $60.

I wouldn't expect big things out of this game sales wise. If they packed the game with standard options and more like they should have, they would have better buzz, but...yeah. 200k tops combined.
I would say between 150k-250k.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
"Casual" fans really won't be buying this game (especially at $60). A lot of hardcores won't either due to the number of missing options/features.

The game will sell a few hundred thousand, 2K will make a profit because of the $60 price tag. But I doubt it will be enough to make another APF, at least not next year--maybe 2009... maybe. The fact that you can create players kills the reason for another APF next year, since you can just make legends that didn't make the cut.

This is just another example of why this new generation is a bust. All we've gotten is high prices and empty promises. Save for a few good franchises, nobody is delivering. We just keep getting less than we got in the previous generation and being asked to pay more for it.
Gotta disagree witcha about the casuals QB.I showed the apf vids to over 20 sumthin peeps the response I get about sweetness high steppin ,rice td and the sack celebrations range from cool to what the! They were especially digging those off the hook stadiums. The cobras and the jets had some of them speechless
Old 07-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 8

It will probably go platinum if they market the commercial's like the Jerry Rice one we saw last week. Reason is... this game will draw in people that haven't played the series before, but just want to play with legends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2007, 12:05 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta07
1st off my friend , no offense but i wish you all would leave that recreate the nfl stuff ALONE. its time to let it go , seriously.
list of exclusive apf features:
signature styles
new and exciting stadiums
legendary players
weather playing a real factor in gameplay [confirmed]
real time injuries [confirmed]
most advanced uniform editing system ever [ confirmed]
hd graphics
lip synching for actual players
late hits
customizeable teams leading to endless matchups
field pass
defensive arm reach tackling
is that enough for you ?
Regarding that list: there are a few cool additions. Real-time weather is obviously big. Maybe arm-reach tackling if it works well. HD is a bonus for graphics freaks.

As for the rest: I’m not into legends, or signature styles, and especially not into stadiums. The uni editor is fine, but seeing it’s for your team only, I don’t call that anything except extremely limiting. And there is no real “customizable teams leading to endless matchups” except for online players, and I and the majority of gamers don’t play online.

More telling are all the options and features, and in particular the game play options and features, that are missing (or assumed missing) from 2K5:

No franchise (and no, people shouldn’t just ‘get over it’; it’s MISSING).
No FPF.
No Coach mode.
Cannot create User-defined CPU teams.
Cannot control CPU teams in season mode.
Cannot assign coach game plan tendencies for CPU teams.
Cannot assign custom playbooks for CPU teams.
Cannot edit players.
Extremely limited player creation possibilities.

No depth or replay value for offline gamers = very little interest in this game. That’s my opinion. Like I said, 100,000 to 200,000 units sold, tops, and that’s only if people hear the game play is miles ahead of that other game. And so far, judging from the several previews I’ve read, the game play sounds better, sure, but I haven’t heard anyone raving about it.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD STEELERS #1
So how did blitz sell a mil? I have faith people will recognize this great effort by 2K.But I wouldn't be surprized with 350k sold

The fact that Blitz was made for the ps2 and xbox as well. The fact that AP2k8 isnt made for the ps2 or xbox has just eliminated well over 100 million potential customers. Blitz on the next gen consoles sold well below 150k.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman242
i think 450-600k units sold...most people are severely underestimating The amount of interest in this game.

From dissapointed Madden people, to 2k supporters, to casuals, to hardcore non-sports gamers are going to give this a shot.

This game is not a 3rd purchase football title only. For me it's the only one, and the others rentals maybe.

On gamespot it has been cosistently #5 most popular xbox360 title ahead of Madden at #8.

Also, this is NOT an online game only...myself I'll prbably play 10 games max online because of the common loser behaviour online. Knowing that I'll still get 80+ hours of gameplay which is more than 95% of the games I play...that's worth 60$ and anyone who doesn't think so is a sports game only gamer.
I'll play at least 5 full seasons offline (probably more) tinkering w/ uniforms and creating players, and trying extreme types of teams etc.. will start to border oblivion hours.

I don't know why people always dismmiss the underdog's of the world because they always make more noise than people expect. Just because EA is a massive marketing machine doesn't mean 2k won't be successful. my guess450k-600k units sold by january 08.
Cant explain the truth to everybody Fatman. I'll use the pistons as an example.No one gave them a chance to beat my lakers in the finals.Then they almost sweep a laker team with four of the greatest players of alltime on the roster. Nuff said,Im tired

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »