Home

***Official Demo Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Demo Discussion Thread*** within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: When is this Demo suppose to drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It makes no difference when they release it, people who aren't interested will be able to try the demo whenever they want and buy or pass on the game. And what companies have released two or three versions of demos? I haven't seen that.
I think the market place allows for a ton of people that wouldn't normally be interested to try out a game.

DiRT wasn't on a lot of people's radar but I was surprised how many people downloaded and later bought the game. A good demo can great sales becuase of the XBL.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I think the market place allows for a ton of people that wouldn't normally be interested to try out a game.

DiRT wasn't on a lot of people's radar but I was surprised how many people downloaded and later bought the game. A good demo can great sales becuase of the XBL.
But they won't want to release a demo before the game hits really because people who already plan to buy it may play it and decide not to, but if they release it after people have already bought it the only people doing the demo are people who have not yet bought it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

That's actually a good point, ODogg.

I'm starting to think about that interview video again. Jeff Thomas said late July but we know the game isn't coming out in LATE July... maybe the demo is.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #20
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
But they won't want to release a demo before the game hits really because people who already plan to buy it may play it and decide not to, but if they release it after people have already bought it the only people doing the demo are people who have not yet bought it.
I hope this isn't the reason....doesn't look promising for a game if this is the developers worry. You'd hope that they are so confident in the game, that they want to get it out as soon as possible so that as many people can see it and get hooked on it.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #21
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
That's actually a good point, ODogg.

I'm starting to think about that interview video again. Jeff Thomas said late July but we know the game isn't coming out in LATE July... maybe the demo is.
Based on the interviews to date, I find it very hard to believe that VC could have so little confidence in APF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

I would say it's 50/50 a DEMO hits this week(Thurs/Fri) for APF, especially with E3 also being this week. I know if your an 360 owner the Marketplace is gonna be flooded with content from E3. Hopefully since E3 is not as huge as it usually is, the Marketplace will have room for an APF Demo
Old 07-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
It makes no difference when they release it
It does to me, and I'm sure I'm not on an Island. Regardless, timing does matter with these things and I think history has taught us that 2K has no sense of timing whatsoever.

Quote:
And what companies have released two or three versions of demos? I haven't seen that.
Lots of them. Just thinking off hand; Capcom's Lost Planet has a standard demo, an online only demo, and an E3 demo... Kameo has two demos. And if you go back through the archives of Last Gen XBOX Demos (I purchased a collection of over 60 discs from a guy in Florida some time ago) you'll find several demo verisons of games being released over the course of a year, sometimes capped off with "Holiday versions". So with all of that in mind, 2K wouldn't have been out of place to put the demo up earlier and have other versions later.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I hope this isn't the reason....doesn't look promising for a game if this is the developers worry.
I agree, and if that's the case don't put the game out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
You'd hope that they are so confident in the game, that they want to get it out as soon as possible so that as many people can see it and get hooked on it.
That's the thinking you would hope for. yet, I can't help but think that some of the things they've done/said are signs that they aren't that confident. Of course, they could just be downplaying things; you know, under-promise, over-deliver... I hope so.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »