Home

Has the PS3 version been confirmed as 30 or 60fps?

This is a discussion on Has the PS3 version been confirmed as 30 or 60fps? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 01:45 AM   #9
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Has the PS3 version been confirmed as 30 or 60fps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Anyone who played the NCAA 360 version will tell you that 30 frames per second has noticeable stutter in an action game. Sure its playable but its obvious. The human eye cannot tell the difference over 72 frames per, but 30- easily. Test it out on your CPU if you want.

As for my TV and most that i know of- its 60 frames per second refresh rate. Also, its 30 frames per second for most DVD, TV etc, 24 is typically at the theater on actual film which appears faster do to afterimage. Bright light, dark theater, full frame refresh each time.

Here is a simple question for you. If its not noticeable then why are companies wasting resources to get it up to 60? It would be pointless and costly but clearly they are stupid for doing so, you know since your the expert and all.

I personally don't know if this is a PS3 crusade your on, i have to assume so or it wouldn't bother you, nor would you mention it. I personally don't care what system people play the games on but don't tell people bogus info. Anyone reading this- try the refresh on your CPU or go rent NCAA 2006 or Madden for the 360. You'll see the difference.
Well, I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks. I'll get the demo on the 360 because it'll more than likely be out first, but I plan on buying the game on the PS3.

I think I'd still blame poor programming before I'd blame the framerate. Madden, especially 06, had all sorts of issues that made me not play it very much. But I don't recall choppyness being one of them. I'll concede that control may be a little tighter with the higher rate - but if that extra 16ms of possible lag is enough to throw your game off, you're far better than I am. Admittedly, 16ms will screw you up if you're playing on expert level in guitar hero... but I don't think a football game is that precise.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:56 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
There's probably a less chance of slowdown with 30 than with 60. Higher FPS = more work for the GPU. It's easier to maintain 30fps than to maintain 60fps.

Also... I've been searching around because the fact that this is an issue annoys the heck out of me - and get this. There are 6 official standards for HDTV resolution: 720p @ 24, 30 or 60fps. 1080i @ 30fps, and 1080p @ 24 or 30fps. I assume that applies more to tv broadcasts and movie formats than it does to games - but still - I'd think for compatibility with all HDTVs, you'd have to stick within those standards. So, unless you intentionally lock yourself into 720p, you're not even going to be seeing 60fps.

This is not an issue. Sure, if you're watching both games side by side on identical sets, and have really good eyes, you might noticed a small difference, but hardly enough to make a fuss over. When you watch a movie at a theater, it's 24fps. As long as the system keeps the framerate steady, it will not be a problem.
You must be a ps3 owner... lol Just Kidding bro

There is a diffrence with 30fps vs 60fps..espeically in sports games and racing games..dont tell people its nothing to fuss over

Im so glad i went with 360 this generation over ps3

Last edited by Moegames; 07-05-2007 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:11 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

So I been playing NBA 2k7 at 1080i with 30FPS on my 360?

I don't like playing it at 720P because the graphics don't look as good, but does that mean only 720P will bring me the full 60FPS?
NO! I will not change this until Lakers get to Western Conference Finals!!! Friday, Oct 13, 2006 (It is raining hard) 8:14pm 30sec (Check)

NO! I will not change this Until Lakers Are 2008-2009 Champs! Friday, Oct 3, 2008
(Check)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 02:13 AM   #12
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

This has already been discussed in numerous threads.

Locked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »