Home

My main concern with 2K8

This is a discussion on My main concern with 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: My main concern with 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
And that's ok. Honestly, I don't feel I can afford to buy 2 or 3 games in one pop. I have the money but that doesn't mean I can afford it since there are so many more important things to spend money on than games. These are a luxary... a means of entertainment. You can't really put a price on that. They can charge as much as a good number of people will pay. If you can't afford it, then you can't get it. These aren't necessities.
Yep. That's just the way I treat it. I take it a step further though; I haven't payed full price for a game or game system since 1999 when I bought the Dreamcast at launch with NFL 2K and Sonic Adventure... and actually, I still didn't pay full price then because I traded in a bunch of old stuff, lol.

I didn't buy my XBOX... it was a gift. I bought a huge lot of XBOX games off ebay back when sellers were just dumping them to make way for 360 stuff... all wholesale (more than 50% on DISCOUNTED games). Bought my 360 (Premium) for $83. All my 360 games... used. All Pro Football will be the first game I'm buying new since NFL 2K5... oh wait, I didn't buy 2K5 actually... I got it as a gift! LOL!

As you can see, I refuse to pay full price
Old 07-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #74
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
They released snippets of a fully customizable game and "loads of options". I was hoping for something similar to the OOTP series in regards to league size, length, playoffs ect... I realize on a console this wasn't really possible, but a league size between say 10-30 and anything from a 8 to 20 game season with really long playoffs.

I was hoping/under the impression that the Generic Players would also be individual players. Not necesarily studs, but atleast vary in talent player to player. Essentially we'd be picking a group of legends and then a group of has beens.

That wasn't delievered, though, IMHO, that is what I thought was coming (something similar). They delivered the information very slowly and we learned that customization was very limited we learned that the Generics are essentially clones and we are stuck with a 16 game season.

If there isn't a franchise mode I was fine with that. I was set to make a lot of teams, have a lot of single elimination tournys against a lot of different teams and really be able to focus on the actual games, as I was expecting every game/tournament/season to be a different experience.

What is the reality is that we can play the same teams a lot of times, and then go online. Thats different than the Game Informer article (which boasted about options and custom settings).

Frankly, I find what we are given to be boring. Perhaps if the gameplay is really great and the online works very well I'll get my use of it out of that. Unfortunately, the ratings for the legends are so similar I don't even see a lot of variety in online teams being likely.

Still, I can't pass final judgements till I've played it. It just doesn't look like Im going to buy it release day.
If you think it's boring, that's cool but please quote the GI article and point out where it was misleading. I've read it again recently to quote something for ODogg in another thread and realized even more how consistent they've actually been. All the expectations of these things were built from people trying to read between the lines and blow things out of proportion. They've been extremely clear with everything you mentioned since day one.

I'd especially like to see where they released snippets of a fully customizable game and where they mentioned these "loads of options"... specifically what options were promised that aren't included?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:18 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 2

My main concern is whether or not the D-line glitch/Overpowering has been fixed. This game is an instant coaster if it hasn't. Has anyone heard anything or anyone has that has had the privilege to play the game tried it to see if its been taken care of?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2007, 09:25 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 4

alot of people have played this game but i don't know if they have played long enough, to look for specific bugs or glitches that were in 2k5.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogg
alot of people have played this game but i don't know if they have played long enough, to look for specific bugs or glitches that were in 2k5.
You'll actually see a couple issues that are still in just from watching the videos. They're not game killers, but they are head scratchers.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
Yep. That's just the way I treat it. I take it a step further though; I haven't payed full price for a game or game system since 1999 when I bought the Dreamcast at launch with NFL 2K and Sonic Adventure... and actually, I still didn't pay full price then because I traded in a bunch of old stuff, lol.

I didn't buy my XBOX... it was a gift. I bought a huge lot of XBOX games off ebay back when sellers were just dumping them to make way for 360 stuff... all wholesale (more than 50% on DISCOUNTED games). Bought my 360 (Premium) for $83. All my 360 games... used. All Pro Football will be the first game I'm buying new since NFL 2K5... oh wait, I didn't buy 2K5 actually... I got it as a gift! LOL!

As you can see, I refuse to pay full price
And where did u get ur premium 360 for 83 dollars? I must buy a second one for Iraq... please enlighten me!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodskin744
And where did u get ur premium 360 for 83 dollars? I must buy a second one for Iraq... please enlighten me!
ebay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »