Home

My main concern with 2K8

This is a discussion on My main concern with 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: My main concern with 2K8

I hear what your sayin and I agree on some points, I do agree I personally would have just liked fictional players, but I realize their hook for anyone who isn't a 2k fanboy like myself. Do the players look too skinny? Yes, I think so. Do I believe they have made a lot of gameplay advances, no, not from the videos I have seen (same animations, same glitches (DT's, CB's), same gang tackling, same audio), but I am still gonna give it a try. Honestly no franchise is really killing me, and the lack of a co-op season. I mean, just throw in 2k5's franchise minus the draft glitch and we'd be all set. I'm still gonna give this game a purchase, but I just feel like 2k is going the Madden route here with releasing a skeleton of a game.

Last edited by SwayGod53; 07-05-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: whoops
Old 07-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
And yet all we do is make up opinions on 30 seconds of random in-game footage and rumors on a message board.
A valid point, but then I have one question...

If the main feature of 2k8 is suppoed to be Gameplay, why arn't we seeing it. A lot of the trailers we've seen are basically Joe Montana and Jerry Rice shots. A lot of the talk has been about the traits, tiers and team creating features.

*If* this game's best attributes is gameplay, then why arn't we seeing more about the gameplay in the previews, videos and "leaks".

This startegy would be similar to Ford having pictures of an F-150 sitting in a traffic jam with its new AC system blasting instead of going through mud and speeding through a forest. Or having a corvette comerical of the guy pulling into a parking space to emphasis its better turning radius as compard to the car flying down a deserted road with the sun reflecting off its paint job.

They are adveratising legends as their main feature to this point, not gameplay. If Im supposd to be in awe of the gameplay, then release a 25 minute tape thats just one game. If the gameplay was that great, people would see it and want to buy it.

Instead, they are advertising legends and picking your team, which to me, looks to have very little variety.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
but the lack of actual game video (IE, from IGN or whatnot, just showing a half of a game) make sme nervous. I didn't see a ton of new animations (despite what the developers say). Again, not a turnoff because Im sure the gameplay will be good, but based on what we've seen (or, havn't seen) make me nervous.

It appears, at this point (untill I have more info) that there is a baseline for all attributes. The "generics" are all on this line (average in every way), while the legends get a benefit in up to 5 of these categories.

*yawn*.

your first point i don't get since there is no longer a lack of actual game video. There is quite a bit at gamespot and ign - what's w/ being nervous?

Your second point tells me you haven't read about the selection of teams, or at least not carefully or above the 'skimming' threshold. For example if your offensive line is all generic you will chose if they are geared towards runblocking, pass protection, or balanced - making them not 'average' in all categories since the pass protection selection will make them better at one thing than another.

your 'yawn' tells me nothing
thanks for chimming in though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:

If the main feature of 2k8 is suppoed to be Gameplay, why arn't we seeing it. A lot of the trailers we've seen are basically Joe Montana and Jerry Rice shots. A lot of the talk has been about the traits, tiers and team creating features.

*If* this game's best attributes is gameplay, then why arn't we seeing more about the gameplay in the previews, videos and "leaks".

there you go:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...ag=tabs;videos
gameplay.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman242

your first point i don't get since there is no longer a lack of actual game video. There is quite a bit at gamespot and ign - what's w/ being nervous?
I think there are a combined, what, 5 plays in the videos you linked me too. Yes, that is a lack of video.

Quote:
Your second point tells me you haven't read about the selection of teams, or at least not carefully or above the 'skimming' threshold. For example if your offensive line is all generic you will chose if they are geared towards runblocking, pass protection, or balanced - making them not 'average' in all categories since the pass protection selection will make them better at one thing than another.
Ok, above average in 1 and below average in another. Great, they are still average. Still not any vareity.

Quote:
your 'yawn' tells me nothing
thanks for chimming in though

Apparently you struggle thinking beyond what is directly spelled out, it was referring to I feel what is being delivered will be rather dry and boring, making me tired.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
I think there are a combined, what, 5 plays in the videos you linked me too. Yes, that is a lack of video.

Ok, above average in 1 and below average in another. Great, they are still average. Still not any vareity.

Apparently you struggle thinking beyond what is directly spelled out, it was referring to I feel what is being delivered will be rather dry and boring, making me tired.
i wonder what else you know very little about that you consider 'dry and boring' ?

The only thing I struggle with is why people create boring opinionated posts that don't invite a stimulating conversation, but are rather geared towards a flame war?

...whatever

ps. nice madden diary you posted
Old 07-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

At the end of the day, this is a football game. Why hasn't Madden changed it's gameplay at all? NCAA? 2k series? Because it's football. Nothing really CHANGES from the game of football. 2k already has the best football engine ever, actually implementing timing and rhythm, the core essential in football, something that Madden and NCAA don't do. How can 2k improve it's gameplay from what it has? It's almost like you're asking the impossible. You can't enhance something that's practically perfect. What would YOU like to see improved?

You're mainly saying how the gameplay is fallen flat or is dissapointing, but you really give no reason why at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #16
Banned

I dont feel like he was trying to start a flame war at all. People are allowed to have concerns about the game. I have a concern in that Im hoping they addressed all the online glitches. I have about 15 concerns. Nothing wrong with that. Im still buying the game.. Im just don't want to put it on some giant pedestal because Im sure we will all be let down in some ways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »