Home

My main concern with 2K8

This is a discussion on My main concern with 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #41
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: My main concern with 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
My main concern is something no videos are going to tell me. Am I going to get $60 worth of play time out of it?

I'm not so sure i will but I am willing to give it a shot to find out. I didn't think I would get my moneys worth out of Shadowrun and I am, so you never know.
Hey, that's the best reason in the world and covers any and all speculation and concern. This can be broken down even more though, for those weighing the risk/reward of purchasing the game...

The game costs $60 and will probably have an initial trade in value of $40-$50. I'm guessing that most that wouldn't get $60 of play time out of it will be buying madden. That means trading this game in for madden means you paid $10-$20 for it. If you end up liking the game then it's worth the $60 anyway so no problem there. If that still leaves you wondering, just read impressions and play the demo until the price drops. The way trade ins are these days, we only pay full price for the games we like... and keep. Even some of those we end up getting some money back on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't want to hear any concerns from somebody named Sven. If you don't like the game don't buy it or post your blog on your myspace page.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
Obviously this dude loves madden. How can you judge a book by its cover. Its just footage of a game that at that time was 60% complete and the only reason why they rushed and put it out is because you where probably one of the people who where dieing to see some footage.

DID YOU SEE THE FOOTAGE OF MONTANA'S THROWING MECHANICS.

THAT WAS ENOUGH FOR ME BECAUSE ON MADDEN ALL QB'S ARE ALIKE!!!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT BUY IT. DONT WAIST YOU TIME COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DONT KNOW.

Wow.

It's really sad that the OS 2K forum used to be a good place to discuss the game. Now it's exactly the same as 2ksports.com.

Get a grip, anyone who brings up a possible concern about a 2K game isn't a Madden fanboy.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #44
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
Obviously this dude loves madden. How can you judge a book by its cover. Its just footage of a game that at that time was 60% complete and the only reason why they rushed and put it out is because you where probably one of the people who where dieing to see some footage.

DID YOU SEE THE FOOTAGE OF MONTANA'S THROWING MECHANICS.

THAT WAS ENOUGH FOR ME BECAUSE ON MADDEN ALL QB'S ARE ALIKE!!!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT BUY IT. DONT WAIST YOU TIME COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DONT KNOW.
People dying to see footage hardly makes them a "Madden Lover". I think we all wanted to see footage in any form. After seeing the HD footage on IGN Insider, this is a day one buy for me now. I tend to make up my mind not on reviews, but impressions, videos, and screens, and I came away impressed enough with Montana and Rice, etc to make it a day one buy. The person complaining has just as much right to complain as you do to praise. When complaining turns to trolling, that's when it becomes a problem on here. Respect other folks opinions and views, and most of them will respect yours.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #45
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

I am just gonna go ahead and buy both football games with concerns with each of them, however since I haven't had a football game since 2K5 (my favorite) its just good to know that this year will be great for football fans. Kinda like how hockey was last year. E.A and 2K put out great games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
I don't want to hear any concerns from somebody named Sven. If you don't like the game don't buy it or post your blog on your myspace page.
Then don't open a thread I started.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:22 PM   #47
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Wow.

It's really sad that the OS 2K forum used to be a good place to discuss the game. Now it's exactly the same as 2ksports.com.

Get a grip, anyone who brings up a possible concern about a 2K game isn't a Madden fanboy.

Actually calling him a madden fanboy would be quite accurate. Check out his "moment of reflection" on the Madden page of OS. Then he starts this thread about what he doesn't like about 2k8, full of negativity and some of the people here who defend his right to complain are the same people who blasted 2k8 based on the first trailer without waiting for more info or videos. Please give me a freakin break. He may have right to his opinion but we also have a right to counter his opinion, tastefully of course. And I do think that a lot of the people who are bringing up concerns are doing it just because and nothing more. Madden has been terrible the last 2 years and this years version is getting less scrutiny IMO than a game that hasn't been around since 2005 and looks to be awesome IMO.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 12

my main concern about 2k8 is my 360 will not be back from repair by its release............. : (

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »