Home

I Think this is new...

This is a discussion on I Think this is new... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2007, 10:50 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: I Think this is new...

now that was sweet, i just may go and pick this up.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO

Last edited by Spin; 07-06-2007 at 06:39 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 AM   #74
Rookie

namhnit's Arena

OVR: 1

Man, that commercial was so sweet. Honestly, it seem 10x's better than the Rakim/Rice commercial. It just encapsulates what fans of the 2K series have been going through these past few years, and how it will come full circle once this game drops on the 17th.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #75
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe
"And home crowds represent"
Finally!

That line was awesome. I can't wait for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #76
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick81191

This video and others proves IMO that the presentation is leaps and bounds above 2k5. I remember early on that a lot of people were saying that the presentation was lacking and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for lack of info but my God this is better than anything 2k5 had. The crowds, the stadiums, the refs, the chatter, the interaction, etc. etc. I heard that there were halftime and post game highlights too(not sure if that's true), but even without that the game's presentation has improved tremendously.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
This video and others proves IMO that the presentation is leaps and bounds above 2k5. I remember early on that a lot of people were saying that the presentation was lacking and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for lack of info but my God this is better than anything 2k5 had. The crowds, the stadiums, the refs, the chatter, the interaction, etc. etc. I heard that there were halftime and post game highlights too(not sure if that's true), but even without that the game's presentation has improved tremendously.
I think people are confusing atmosphere with presentation. 2K8 clearly has better atmosphere, but the presentation looks thinner. And to reiterate, a 2K Developer mentioned himself that the presentation is not on 2K5's level
Old 07-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #78
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

you keep using "a 2k developer said..." but lets keep it in context. what exactly is presentation? you take out franchise mode in 2k5 with recognizable personalities and very familiar tv style in all the off the field stuff and then see how it holds up against APF. that doesn't mean it's OK, but the lack of franchise pretty much ensured that this would be the case. the areas that they did work on, they've done a great job with presentation, even outside of the atmosphere.

when a game starts, there's a nice overlay, breakdown of the players, close up of legends as dan and peter get you into the game... all the way up to the coin toss. there is a halftime and postgame... have yet to see how horrible it is compared to 2k5. the cut scenes are great, td celebrations are great. what was there in 2k5 that is missing when you DON'T consider things in franchise?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:43 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
you keep using "a 2k developer said..." but lets keep it in context.
People keep saying the presentation looks better than 2K5, and well, I think they're having short memories. And to add to it, I mention how the developer doesn't even think the presentation is better than 2K5.

Quote:
what exactly is presentation? you take out franchise mode in 2k5 with recognizable personalities and very familiar tv style in all the off the field stuff and then see how it holds up against APF. that doesn't mean it's OK...
Yes... My point exactly.

Quote:
but the lack of franchise pretty much ensured that this would be the case.
Why do you feel that?

Quote:
the areas that they did work on, they've done a great job with presentation, even outside of the atmosphere.
I won't say that all of it's not cool, but 2K5's overlays, replay sequences, and sideline reporting was really hot. It was very robust. Even people who hated the game conceded that. This new stuff doesn't seem to have that kinda fullness. I think a big indication is "Field Pass". This is not a real feature because tight shots of players saying one-liners has been around for a while. Why did 2K feel the need to slap a feature name on it? Probably because they needed to give that area a feature bullet point boost to come across as more robust in the presentation area.

Quote:
when a game starts, there's a nice overlay, breakdown of the players, close up of legends as dan and peter get you into the game... all the way up to the coin toss. there is a halftime and postgame... have yet to see how horrible it is compared to 2k5. the cut scenes are great, td celebrations are great. what was there in 2k5 that is missing when you DON'T consider things in franchise?
That 2K5 sequence was gold man... you just can't mess with perfection. I'm sure over time this new way will grow on me, but 2K just built a standard so high that even they can't reach it. I've yet to read a hands-on experience where the viewer sounded blown away by the presentation like they were with 2K5. I bet if there is ever a next game we'll see it turned up much more, as even the company doesn't seem to be too high on it. But I appreciate their honesty. I think gamers are tired of having their legs pulled and I've been noticing that both 2K and their competition have been admitting shortcomings lately. I like that.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #80
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
I think people are confusing atmosphere with presentation. 2K8 clearly has better atmosphere, but the presentation looks thinner. And to reiterate, a 2K Developer mentioned himself that the presentation is not on 2K5's level
Eventhough it may not be up to the 2K5 standards, I think the presentation and atmosphere will be the best of the three football titles coming out. When first impressions came out about the lack of presentation in 2K8, I have to admit, I was worried. Like everyone, I absolutely loved 2K5's presentation, but now that I've seen a few clips and read some of the Q&A's regarding presentation, I think it'll still be pretty good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »