Home

Randall Cunningham

This is a discussion on Randall Cunningham within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Randall Cunningham

im going with Andre Ware since he is a legend in the minds of 2k.....

LOL
http://twitter.com/AndyWestond < Its amazing how boring I am..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2007, 09:46 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
In 2k Qb ratings mattered alot.. try to throw a deep pass in 2k5 with Josh McCown and hes weak arm and then try it with Steve McNair.. you will see the results immediately..

So I can see getting a decent, extremely mobile Qb.. and for a silver price as a bargain..Which is what Cunningham is..
Good point...and arm strength was extremely important. I used the Chargers in a league and wound up using Rivers as the QB instead of Brees because Brees just couldn't throw it hard enough.

I plan on using Cunningham as well, since he was the Eagles QB when I was a kid, and also because I think he should be very effective. I'm not much of a scrambler, but it is nice to put that in the back of people's minds, and he should have as strong an arm as any qb in the game.

I plan on using my golds on defense as well, as others have said.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Alright, I think this needs to be said....if you're a real fan of a team Cunningham played for then that's one thing, as the last poster above is, but all these people who aren't fans of those teams who plan to use Cunningham are cheesers IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Alright, I think this needs to be said....if you're a real fan of a team Cunningham played for then that's one thing, as the last poster above is, but all these people who aren't fans of those teams who plan to use Cunningham are cheesers IMO.
So then only Eagles, Vikings and Ravens fans should use him? Well I'm in that category but I think some people just liked Cunningham and do not have cheese style gameplay. Yeah there will be some who try to cheese with him, but there will be others who just liked him as a player and want to use him.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
So then only Eagles, Vikings and Ravens fans should use him? Well I'm in that category but I think some people just liked Cunningham and do not have cheese style gameplay. Yeah there will be some who try to cheese with him, but there will be others who just liked him as a player and want to use him.
You forgot the Cowboys. But yeah I do think it's kinda BS for people to just use him cuz he's going to be a fast, scrambling QB. Why not use a QB you're a fan of instead? Is it because you can't win without that added cheese dimension? You mean to tell me you can't win with a Montana or Marino? Not surprising I guess as guys will give themselves every single advantage they can in a game.

Hopefully this game will be the very first game where a Montana or Marino are better than a QB like Cunningham. But somehow I doubt it..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You forgot the Cowboys. But yeah I do think it's kinda BS for people to just use him cuz he's going to be a fast, scrambling QB. Why not use a QB you're a fan of instead? Is it because you can't win without that added cheese dimension? You mean to tell me you can't win with a Montana or Marino? Not surprising I guess as guys will give themselves every single advantage they can in a game.

Hopefully this game will be the very first game where a Montana or Marino are better than a QB like Cunningham. But somehow I doubt it..
Odogg, this is what I am banking on. Since VC went to the trouble of getting signature styles and attributes, most of if not all of the players will live up to them. If this is the case, RC won't be that much of a problem to stop and or contain. I for one am looking forward to the challenge.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Odogg, this is what I am banking on. Since VC went to the trouble of getting signature styles and attributes, most of if not all of the players will live up to them. If this is the case, RC won't be that much of a problem to stop and or contain. I for one am looking forward to the challenge.
Yeah man, it would be quite refreshing if a pocket QB would be valuable in a game for once instead of cheesy scramblers always being the most desired.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #32
All Star

OVR: 21

I never thought of Cunningham as a very accurate QB. And I've always hated his slow windup/release - hope that's been somewhat replicated in the game because I don't plan on picking him lol. Either way, I hope there's a dicernible difference between the tiered QBs - as someone else said, no game has really gotten QB play right. Right now I'm leaning towards going unconventional and getting Unitas; he's looked pretty good in the brief looks in the hype vids

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »