Home

Interested to know who will be buying AP2k8 only?

This is a discussion on Interested to know who will be buying AP2k8 only? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2007, 02:38 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Interested to know who will be buying AP2k8 only?

Haven't purchased Madden since they got exclusive rights to the NFL.

I'm more of a strategy gamer who loves football...VC has been able to meet my needs in both areas. I think the game (APF) is going to be deep enough that if you want to be a top dog online, you won't have time to f** up your timing with another game.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:49 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
PS... APF2K8 only for me....
LOL at your post APF only for me as well. Haven't bought an EA football game in years.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:02 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

If I had the spare money, I'd probably buy all 3, but I'm saving for a vegas trip and I want blue dragon, eternal sonata, and bioshock in August, so I'll probably pass on madden and ncaa, and just pick up APF2K8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2007, 07:46 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

im on the fence..if I get 2k8 that is all I will get. If I dont I will get both NCAA and Madden.
http://twitter.com/AndyWestond < Its amazing how boring I am..
Old 07-09-2007, 07:47 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

I will probably be getting all 3 unfortunately. I usually get NCAA just to hold me over until Madden comes out, and then I trade it in for Madden every year.

I can usually finish one dynasty season in 2-3 weeks and after that I'm comfortable with the controls and then ready for Madden.

I only play sports games so, by the time the NBA and NBA2K season is over there is a huge lull leading up to the release of NCAA. By that time I'm usually desperate for a game to play. Which usually causes me to purchase NCAA.

I need my NFL fix so Madden is a given. AP2K8 is a must buy for me this year and NCAA is usually purchased to kinda kick start my gaming season. However, If I can't find an early copy of NCAA by this Sunday I will not be getting it this year because of AP2K8.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:00 AM   #14

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
to tell you the truth... even if some folks have the luxury (and or love) to buy all three... how would you divide you time to really enjoy them all...?!?!? If you don't work then I understand... however with that, you shouldn't have the the money in the 1st place... I've spent countless hours with 2K5 alone... I don't expect playing much else, given ~50hrs a week at work then sleep (I'll have a side game just to cut the monotony: Rachet and Clank) ... and I do need to eat... so if anybody will buy all three, I'd be very interested to know if you have a family... kids... a significant other... or a bed...?!?!?

PS... APF2K8 only for me....
That's a really good point. Maybe I can go ahead and buy all 3, but I know I shouldn't. For one thing, I'll get frustrated with the different control scheme (ex. tap A button/hold right trigger for speed).

But, that's where the defining moment is for me. What game is going to have the longevity to keep me interested? It's fun to have online leagues, but what has been missing from my football gaming diet is a nice offline game of foootball. That's what is making the decision tough for me. The good thing is that APF will be out a good month before Madden, so if I find myself getting bored with it, and it doesn't completely fill the NFL void, I may have to go with Madden. But, if Madden runs as sluggish as last year, the franchise will be officially dead to me.

I guess it's all about the demos.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:58 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 11

Being i only own these consoles for sports games anyway..all 3 for me..and if you include madden on pc then that's 4. Do i want to be the best..nah..i just want to have some fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2007, 09:18 AM   #16
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

APF 2K8 only for me. I tried Madden the last 2 years and didn't like it compared to 2K5. I am not a college football fan so I won't get NCAA for $60.
Also I don't like playing two of the same sports games at the same time. I have enough trouble remembering the buttons on one game.
If I hear good things about Madden and NCAA I'll probably pick either or both up cheap after football season is over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »