Home

Kind of hard to believe

This is a discussion on Kind of hard to believe within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2007, 01:17 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Kind of hard to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR
Who really cares about editing Stadiums? Create-A-Play? CPU Rosters and playbooks!?!? I think hardcore fans care more about that stuff than the casual gamers(who outweigh hardcore gamers by a ton).
Right. So we get a featureless game for online gamers. Exactly my point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #26
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Which speaks volumes about the shortsightedness of TT/2K. A fully customizable game to rival Madden should have been their top priority three years ago after they had captured the enthusiasm and interest of football gamers with 2K5. Great the game is finally coming out; sad it's years late and, in true TT/2K shortsighted fashion, a ton of features short.
Do you honestly believe that most sports gamers (most of whom buy Madden anyway..lets be accurate here..) really were going to be that into purchasing the NFL poseur product you and the rest of us hardcores wanted?

baa7, you have to realize that very few people in these forums speak for the majority of buyers. I know I don't...but I think you need to realize that you don't.

The majority of buyers don't want to sit around and wait for somebody to edit all their uniforms for them and do 32 named rosters w/stadium & league setup edits, or wait for a somewhat realistic face packs to be out for 1696 generic players.

You have to realize that we are the football video gaming equivalent of the rather different folks who play Warhammer as their RPG board game of choice, and are willing to paint the little die-cast figurines and customize them to our liking while most people would rather play crossbows & catapults and not have to think that much about it.

We are not mainstream. We don't "carry" the numbers for successful products. We think we do, but we really don't.

As much as it might be painful to admit, the 240 legends probably carry more weight with the masses than the open ended football toybox product you point to in all of your posts.

Plus- the differences in this product and the "different" focus might also appeal more to the person who also buys Madden, since they already will have a game with current NFL players.

And that's a big cross-section of sports gamers there...
Old 07-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #27

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR
Who really cares about editing Stadiums? Create-A-Play? CPU Rosters and playbooks!?!? I think hardcore fans care more about that stuff than the casual gamers(who outweigh hardcore gamers by a ton).
You can have both. It's simply a matter of giving the user the ability to edit what's there. Sure, the casual guy's going to want to play the game out of the gate, but give the more immersive guy the ability to adjust a little more than what's there.

Also, this "just be glad you're getting a game" logic is greatly faltered. If this game is geared toward online gamers, what does that say to the offline guy? does it say, "Too bad for you, maybe you should get into online gaming?" Again, come December, will this came carry the longevity many are asking for? Or should we just be glad they made a game?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #28
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

This game's kind of like dating a hot chick and then finding out later that she's saving herself for "the one". Intially your stoked because not only are you pulling the hot chick, but you imagine all of the great stuff that you get to do to her. Then, you find out she's saving her self and you're still dating the hot chick, but all of that stuff you thought you would get to do now has to wait for a few years....though you could always cheat with the not quite as attractive girl with looser morals.

The bottom line is that you are still with the hot chick, it's just not quite what you expected. It's still good, but not as good as you were hoping.

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 07-09-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 17

DQ: Here's how your post read. I can't believe there's another football being released because surely the exclusive license have nuked the football gaming genre.

Baa: I agree. I don't think it even needs to create the NFL. (That would help however). Let the user do what they want with the leagues and teams. I think there will be some out there that create the NFL. But I think there would be a lot more that create a hybrid of legends and NFL stars. That would be a very fun game.

Unfortunately, since this is the first iteration of the game, I don't think we'll see man of the those options. The real downfall to this game will be the selection system. I feel it will turn people off. If the CPU teams are exactly the same or this game is geared for online play, I think it won't be succesful.

I wish developers would just admit they need the community to enhance their games and open up their games ot the community.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 6

I still wish that they would make 2k5 backwards compat. on 360. I guess they never will since it will piss off EA.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:45 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 6

OK STOP!

We're complaining about lack of features, ANYONE LOOK AT NCAA ON 360 THE LAST 2 YEARS! EA stripped out all the features the ps2/xbox1 versions have in the next gen versions and we'll have to wait for who knows when to get those back. Same with madden 06 on 360.

But......I dont care about those features. I've never used create player, create team, madden cards, road to the heisman, hall of famer legend (whatever madden called it). Also, I hate franchise modes. Just give me a damn season mode, I dont want to regulate prices of hotdogs!

I just care about how the game plays ON THE FIELD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #32

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
DQ: Here's how your post read. I can't believe there's another football being released because surely the exclusive license have nuked the football gaming genre.
lol..Maybe that's how I feel..I dunno.

The exclusive did what EA wanted, wrap up the NFL for only them to use and thereby giving them profit.

I'm still excited for this game. It's not all I dreamed it would be, but I knew that when I was dreaming. I would get in the thick of it on all the discussions...Natural Motion, Customization...etc. But, I never expected to be so underwhelmed. I know many are going to behead me for that, but seriously, other than some nice animations and the novelty of playing with legends, what's going to sustain this game?

Don't get me wrong, it's great that the game is coming out. I'm still excited. I just thought I'd be more along the lines of stolked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »