Home

who else is on the fence about this game?

This is a discussion on who else is on the fence about this game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: who else is on the fence about this game?

I'm on the fence with all NG games, given their price tag. I always rent first/buy later if worth the purchase. Saved myself a few hundred dollars in the past 14 months or so. I'll read user reviews; if the game sounds great, I'll look for a copy to rent. If I feel there's enough replay value to warrant a purchase. I'll buy it. In the meantime, there's NFL 2K5!
Old 08-10-2007, 03:21 PM   #50
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm right on the edge of the fence and awful close to buying this game online. I even have my team picked out. What are the odds of a price drop on the game? There are some good deals on e-bay but I'm still torn about buying it right now in case the price drops soon. With a wife and two kids my gaming time is limited and I don't want to waste money on a game I might not be playing a lot. I'm playing NCAA 100% of the time and am really enjoying it although I'm still hoping to iron out some passing issues. I don't play online and would love it if they finally released a demo on the PS3 just for me to play around with to help decide.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #51
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm right on the edge of the fence and awful close to buying this game online. I even have my team picked out. What are the odds of a price drop on the game? There are some good deals on e-bay but I'm still torn about buying it right now in case the price drops soon. With a wife and two kids my gaming time is limited and I don't want to waste money on a game I might not be playing a lot. I'm playing NCAA 100% of the time and am really enjoying it although I'm still hoping to iron out some passing issues. I don't play online and would love it if they finally released a demo on the PS3 just for me to play around with to help decide.
I don't know about a price drop, but I will tell you that I have both ncaa and apf for 360. 90% of my football gaming has been with APF not ncaa. If you like the old school players, and just looking for a different game of football than EA always has then you shouldn't have any issues with it. For the record this is the first 2k football game I have owned. Its just nice to have something different.

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
You can't rent it? Blockbuster here in NB got it; surely it's out in Ontario I have to say that after a week of playing this rental version, I've decided to wait until I can pick it up for $29 (retails for $69 in Canada). And even then I might just pass. There's just nothing in the game for offline players.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #53
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbeast
I don't know about a price drop, but I will tell you that I have both ncaa and apf for 360. 90% of my football gaming has been with APF not ncaa. If you like the old school players, and just looking for a different game of football than EA always has then you shouldn't have any issues with it. For the record this is the first 2k football game I have owned. Its just nice to have something different.
You don't even have to like old school players to like APF. If you like real football then APF is for you.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #54
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Word is that a price drop may be announced soon, to help get more sales after Madden comes out. Not sure how reliable that is.

However, I got my copy on eBay for $37 + shipping. If you look on there you can guaranteed get a copy for $30-$40 or so.

Also, I love the game and the replay value is there for me. There are countless strategies to try, it's amazing, every night I wanna make a new team to try it out. I have found 7 other guys willing to join a friendly league, and not all have 360s, but we can play at each other's places. We'll have drafts every off-season and plaques for champions. Also, when you play the computer enough, they pick up on your tendencies and you really have to work to mix it up so you can beat them, it gets quite challenging.

I really like NCAA, but the gameplay feels very 'dry' after playing this game for 3 or 4 days. It's worth the purchase to me.

Last edited by studbucket; 08-10-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
In your situation I'd still get the game unless you are into franchise mode, and can live with a no frills season mode. The gameplay is "funner" (young cheeser talk) than any sports game I've ever played against the CPU or a human opponent. I'd get a little more feedback from gamers who have played a heavy dose of single player games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #56
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbeast
You don't know how close I am to buying it. I've even set up a spreadsheet with all the legends by position and status.

Baa7, the Blockbuster in Windsor has it but they kind of screwed me around the last time I rented NCAA first. They forced me to rent it for a week which cost over $11 after tax since it was a new rental. I only joined BB to rent NCAA so I don't know what the normal practices are (my usual local store doesn't rent PS3 games yet). I didn't mind the weekly rental for NCAA since I wanted the time but I found it odd (maybe I didn't understand him right). I don't want to spend over $10 to rent the game and then spend $40 to buy it. I'd rather just buy it cheap when I can and re-sell it on e-bay if I don't like it or don't play it. I'm probably going to wait for a price drop which will make it even cheaper on e-bay. I'm still playing NCAA whenever I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Word is that a price drop may be announced soon, to help get more sales after Madden comes out. Not sure how reliable that is.

I really like NCAA, but the gameplay feels very 'dry' after playing this game for 3 or 4 days. It's worth the purchase to me.
I may wait for the price drop. In some ways I'm worried that if I like the game too much it may hurt my enjoyment of NCAA. I know that sounds dumb but I like the dynasty mode and APF doesn't have something like that. I don't want to be torn between two games for various reasons but I would like playing with Marino once in awhile.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-10-2007 at 03:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »