Home

I'm really looking forward to this game but...

This is a discussion on I'm really looking forward to this game but... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I'm really looking forward to this game but...

true strategy and targeted audience is an important reason....good call whart
Old 07-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeslang
Well excuse me. I shall fall back. King Jmood has spoken.
Yeah, I second that!!

Wow, some of you guys are missing my point and making it seem like I think this game is terrible before any of us even played it!

All I am trying to say is yes there have been many screens posted, 2 commercials, 2 trailers, 1 cool interview on gamespot and a handful of very short vids but these sites are not getting very hyped about it and I just don't get a feel that the people from the game sites, who have played it are really into it. I LOVE 2k5! I want this game to look and play great! I WILL be getting it on release day! LOL

I think if they had more time to upgrade the graphics (which I think are fine) there would be many more videos showcasing this game by now on IGN, Gamespot...

This is funny that I'm even writing this!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I think it's funny you're writing it too, man. I kinda don't really get it actually. If you're getting th game on release day then what are you worried about? Do you care that much what IGN or Gamespot have to say? I can see on games you're on the fence on or from developers you don't know much about but neither are the case here so I don't know, man.

As for the game, it apparently went gold today so that'd mean no one has had a final version of it. They couldn't. They both reported on what they do have as well as people here at OS. Basically you're saying that you're worried about the game b/c they haven't shown enough gameplay videos? And it's videogame sites that usually put out these videos, not the gaming company so your worry of the game is based on the decisions of the IGNs and Gamespots of the world?

My guess is you're not that worried... just wish they had more vids to look at before it came out. Two different things. I give you a hard time over it b/c "worried" brings out follow up comments like "it's just like Live 07".
Old 07-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #20
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeslang
Well excuse me. I shall fall back. King Jmood has spoken.
Just know what you're talking about next time you say something. What EA did with Live and what 2k is doing with All Pro Football are two different things and if you actually followed what happened last year with Live then you would know that.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #21
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Yeah, I second that!!

Wow, some of you guys are missing my point and making it seem like I think this game is terrible before any of us even played it!

All I am trying to say is yes there have been many screens posted, 2 commercials, 2 trailers, 1 cool interview on gamespot and a handful of very short vids but these sites are not getting very hyped about it and I just don't get a feel that the people from the game sites, who have played it are really into it. I LOVE 2k5! I want this game to look and play great! I WILL be getting it on release day! LOL

I think if they had more time to upgrade the graphics (which I think are fine) there would be many more videos showcasing this game by now on IGN, Gamespot...

This is funny that I'm even writing this!
What "feel" are you talking about? Please show some quotes that would illustrate what you think people aren't getting.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
if you actually followed what happened last year with Live then you would know that.
I don't have time for that. I don't care either way. All im saying is I can see where dude coming from. 60 bucks is a lot of money. Why not worry about the quality of a game.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
What "feel" are you talking about? Please show some quotes that would illustrate what you think people aren't getting.

My man, I am getting this game the day it comes out. I love and have all of 2k's football games. My concern is- typically when there is a lack of gameplay videos from the "various" sites perhaps the game isn't what some of us might hope it would be. Therefore the lack of possible bad info isn't shown so people will still buy it or rent it as least. When someone is making a hot game and feels that everyone is going to be wowed by it, don't you think they would blast us with some videos? Am I wrong to think that way?

From what I have seen so far I am really looking forward to it. I'm just concerned that is all. See you online!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
My man, I am getting this game the day it comes out. I love and have all of 2k's football games. My concern is- typically when there is a lack of gameplay videos from the "various" sites perhaps the game isn't what some of us might hope it would be. Therefore the lack of possible bad info isn't shown so people will still buy it or rent it as least. When someone is making a hot game and feels that everyone is going to be wowed by it, don't you think they would blast us with some videos? Am I wrong to think that way?

From what I have seen so far I am really looking forward to it. I'm just concerned that is all. See you online!
Well, there's a slew of reasons why All Pro isn't getting the press it probably deserves. This isn't new. 2K5 got some great press, but 2K3 and 2K4 was silently released into the market.

Lets remember that EA is the rich of the rich in videogame publishing, and they've been trying to keep the crowd focused on them at all times. Madden is the top selling franchise each year. All Pro is a new franchise that Take Two is risking against the corporate giant. They can not provide those same funds on such a risky release.

Videogame sites provide what they can, and when EA is attempting to spew as much info on a daily basis as it can, and considering their top selling franchises, well...then it makes sense to expect that All Pro isn't getting that same credit.

If you owned every NFL2K game, then there should be no worry. After playing the NCAA 08 demo, I can tell you that All Pro looks to be a refreshing start at the portrayal of real football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »