Home

2K Sports Has Three Strikes with APF

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Has Three Strikes with APF within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 04:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon13 2K Sports Has Three Strikes with APF

Strike 1: Releasing the game at the same time that EA releases NCAA Football 08. I realize that their main concern is Madden, but that was before EA got exclusive NFL rights and there was legitimate competition between the two. Now, I just want to play some football! It's a no-brainer between college football and a fictitious league. Give me NCAA any day of the week. If they would have released APF before NCAA, I would already own a copy.

Strike 2: No demo yet, and there is unlikely to be one before the release. Is 2K Sports even serious about this title? It seems like they are totally banking on the reputation that 2K5 had with the NFL license. They don't appear to be making any sincere effort to truly reach out to the consumer, and that irritates me a little. Why no demo?

Strike 3: No Franchise/Dynasty mode. I'm not really interested in playing a season and then either calling it quits or repeating another season. Personally, I enjoy drafts, free agency, etc. With only a single season mode, this game seems to cater to pure online play. Am I going to pay $60 for an online game? Is that a joke? What if someone doesn't have XBL?

Three strikes, you're out! At first I thought I'd buy this game, but now there's just simply no way. I'm very disappointed with how 2k Sports has handled this so called "resurrection of football." As much as I enjoyed watching Joe Montana and Walter Payton growing up, I think I'll live without this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2007, 04:11 AM   #2
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2K Sports Has Three Strikes with APF

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanheart
Strike 1: Releasing the game at the same time that EA releases NCAA Football 08. I realize that their main concern is Madden, but that was before EA got exclusive NFL rights and there was legitimate competition between the two. Now, I just want to play some football! It's a no-brainer between college football and a fictitious league. Give me NCAA any day of the week. If they would have released APF before NCAA, I would already own a copy.

Strike 2: No demo yet, and there is unlikely to be one before the release. Is 2K Sports even serious about this title? It seems like they are totally banking on the reputation that 2K5 had with the NFL license. They don't appear to be making any sincere effort to truly reach out to the consumer, and that irritates me a little. Why no demo?

Strike 3: No Franchise/Dynasty mode. I'm not really interested in playing a season and then either calling it quits or repeating another season. Personally, I enjoy drafts, free agency, etc. With only a single season mode, this game seems to cater to pure online play. Am I going to pay $60 for an online game? Is that a joke? What if someone doesn't have XBL?

Three strikes, you're out! At first I thought I'd buy this game, but now there's just simply no way. I'm very disappointed with how 2k Sports has handled this so called "resurrection of football." As much as I enjoyed watching Joe Montana and Walter Payton growing up, I think I'll live without this game.
Go to bed and stop drinking so much!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:23 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

Kids
Old 07-11-2007, 04:36 AM   #4
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

i.b.l.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:58 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

1. Good point; 2. Doesn’t make sense seeing the demo is to be released today or this week sometime, plus the NCAA demo was just released yesterday; 3. Good point.

So let’s call that a 1-2 count with the possibility the next pitch could be hit out of the park
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2007, 04:58 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanheart

Strike 1- NCAA is going to sell demo or not. APF will hinge more on the demo and that could even be after release since they are just trying to beat madden out. The demo needs to be good- not first.

I can tell you this- if apf is good, the lasting power will be higher than ncaa or madden in my opinion- all those legends in different combos, CAPs legends if done right- more fun next march then playing versus Tom Brady 50 times online. Lastly, the game was probably not yet before now, so its now or wait until January is my opinion.

Strike 2- I don't even know why you say this one unless you have inside knowledge- we have no idea until the time is up.

Strike 3- I personally don't see the issue there but alot do. i am not sure how you can really do a dynasty with legends unless new ones come in.

so i see 2 balls and 1 strike here.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 07-11-2007 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:48 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971

I can tell you this- if apf is good, the lasting power will be higher than ncaa or madden in my opinion- all those legends in different combos, CAPs legends if done right- more fun next march then playing versus Tom Brady 50 times online. Lastly, the game was probably not yet before now, so its now or wait until January is my opinion.
I believe the big misconception about this title is all the different combos you think you will see. It will be no different than any other game in which players are overused. All it takes is for someone to get dominated by a Cunningham/Sanders combo and you will see hundreds of people jumping on the bandwagon. Just like you will get tired of Brady you will be tired of Rice, Sanders, and Cunningham. Just watch.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:02 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
I believe the big misconception about this title is all the different combos you think you will see. It will be no different than any other game in which players are overused. All it takes is for someone to get dominated by a Cunningham/Sanders combo and you will see hundreds of people jumping on the bandwagon. Just like you will get tired of Brady you will be tired of Rice, Sanders, and Cunningham. Just watch.
Okay, that's another strike. But is this strike three and you're out, or a whole new batter looking at 0 and 1? And nobody throw another pitch 'cause I need to hit the can for a sec and don't want to miss anything. Be right back.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »