Home

EGM on APF2K8/Madden 08

This is a discussion on EGM on APF2K8/Madden 08 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: EGM on APF2K8/Madden 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
lol I was just about to post something similar myself. He should've read the article before bashing the original poster. It's typical lightweight EGM reporting; basically more or less stating the obvious. Really doesn't speak to more than a few paragraphs on any particular aspect. But I guess for the uninitiated it gives them a better idea of the licensing situation and why APF has retired players in the game. Was surprised that EGM seemed to at least give APF some respect which I didn't expect. How fairly the game is judged remains to be seen.

I liked the full page ad on the back of the magazine though
Naw, I was giving an overall feeling on this damn war, not just the article. I read the article. Don't act as if there aren't fanboys who starts wars on both threads and use articles to help them. I am just saying that these "NERDY" wars are ridicoulous.

P.S. I wasn't bashing the poster. I didn't refer to him as a fanboy or anything. Reading is fundamental.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
"Bashing?" Is this not a legitimate gripe? Online leagues existed prior to EA acquiring the license. They don't "want" to because they don't "have" to. Hopefully APF will change that but I'm not convinced it will be anything other than a niche product.
Ok, it is really simple if you think about it. Madden knows that they f'ed up and now that 2k is back they are really going to have to step it up. However, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was Madden. EA decided to focus on gameplay and incorporating their "last gen" features first and more than likely ran out of time to set up online leagues. If they had an intention to do it than it will be in next year's game but WE don't know why they won't do it. They could possibly be doing this to keep 2k in the game. Give Madden online leagues and who knows what will happen. Online leagues is 2k's cash cow imo. If Madden had that, then 2k would not sell that much.

I really want to see EA give 2k the license back and see if they can do a better job.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 14

2k's cash cow?? Mmmm... ok.

Anyway, it is probably good to assume that EA hasn't implemented online leagues because they haven't found an efficient model of charging for it somehow. Think about it for a sec. Their game sells by the millions and is the star attraction at tournaments. Why would they give that feature away for free when they can charge for it--even for a small fee. Small fee x millions = millions of dollars.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
2k's cash cow?? Mmmm... ok.

Anyway, it is probably good to assume that EA hasn't implemented online leagues because they haven't found an efficient model of charging for it somehow. Think about it for a sec. Their game sells by the millions and is the star attraction at tournaments. Why would they give that feature away for free when they can charge for it--even for a small fee. Small fee x millions = millions of dollars.
Okay fanboy listen. How many people do you think 2k would lose if they tried to sell this game without a franchise mode AND online leagues? Who would really put down $60 to play exhibition games and ONE season mode? Online leagues is how 2k is going to make their money this year. If you don't believe that then I don't know what to tell you.

P.S. Saying that EA would charge for online leagues is truly a fanboy statement and a pathetic one at that. If you didn't already know, I hate fanboys. (i.e. you)
Old 07-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

Fanboy? Nice work. Try again? You hate me? lol, have we met?

I'll refrain from calling names since that's the playing field you're on.

I would find a way to charge for online leagues if I had EA's mentality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #22
Banned

I call it how I see it. That was a fanboyish remark because I KNOW a 2k fanboy who said the exact same thing and was serious. EA does charge for bull**** but until they charge or even make online leagues there is no need to prematurely judge them.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlueFresh
P.S. Saying that EA would charge for online leagues is truly a fanboy statement and a pathetic one at that. If you didn't already know, I hate fanboys. (i.e. you)

Yeah really. Next thing you know these fanboys will be telling us that EA would charge for alt. uniforms.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
Yeah really. Next thing you know these fanboys will be telling us that EA would charge for alt. uniforms.
I already said that EA charged us for some BS which I hope noone bought. Anyway, Dave or TJ come lock this thread now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »