Home

Just an Idea

This is a discussion on Just an Idea within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Icon5 Just an Idea

I just finished watching the live demo thing from the E3 and wow I can't wait for the game or at least a demo (if it drops before the game is released) but I was just wondering...

Do you think it might have been better to just go with a fully fictional group of players? I mean I understand they needed a hook and the legends thing will peak some interest but I wonder if the gameplay is top notch do you think they could be more successful in the future with a fictional situation that would allow more teams, a franchise mode, etc. You could still create teams that have certain strengths and take them online I just think it would open up more options.
I have heard the idea of a high school football type game. I coach high school ball and I think it could be cool. You could really customize a team then as far as style of play. You could have a season with a league title, then City playoffs and then state playoffs. So it really gives you a pretty good season length and a great career model with the ever changing groups of kids because of graduation. If you got really deep you could have a JV team and freshman team and could call them up to the varsity level. How cool would that be.
If they got really in depth you could have the whole discipline model with grades and suspensions for the stupid stuff kids do.
Once again not to take away from what All Pro is doing because I am ever so thankful to have 2k football back but I though it would open up a world of future possibilities since it could be hard to keep adding legends as the years go by. Next year, tiki barber? see what I mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 12:30 AM   #2
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Just an Idea

There is a game just like this called NCAA...

I have a feeling that the mod police are going to put a "what was wrong with using another thread" stamp on this one.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:34 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bus
I just finished watching the live demo thing from the E3 and wow I can't wait for the game or at least a demo (if it drops before the game is released) but I was just wondering...

Do you think it might have been better to just go with a fully fictional group of players? I mean I understand they needed a hook and the legends thing will peak some interest but I wonder if the gameplay is top notch do you think they could be more successful in the future with a fictional situation that would allow more teams, a franchise mode, etc. You could still create teams that have certain strengths and take them online I just think it would open up more options.
I have heard the idea of a high school football type game. I coach high school ball and I think it could be cool. You could really customize a team then as far as style of play. You could have a season with a league title, then City playoffs and then state playoffs. So it really gives you a pretty good season length and a great career model with the ever changing groups of kids because of graduation. If you got really deep you could have a JV team and freshman team and could call them up to the varsity level. How cool would that be.
If they got really in depth you could have the whole discipline model with grades and suspensions for the stupid stuff kids do.
Once again not to take away from what All Pro is doing because I am ever so thankful to have 2k football back but I though it would open up a world of future possibilities since it could be hard to keep adding legends as the years go by. Next year, tiki barber? see what I mean?
You either do not read the board often or you are looking for a flame war. There is a set group that thinks the game should be fully editable with fictional players so the NFL could be recreated and a set group who likes the legends idea. If not locked, expect answers from either side. In my case, i think the legends was a great route to go but i can see the NFL editable idea. A pure High School game i cannot imagine selling.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:48 AM   #4
Rookie

Well, I look at the site pretty much everyday and no I am not looking for any kind of war (I usually just skip over those posts). I don't really want to re-create the NFL. Actually what I did with 2k5 was sim for about 15-20 years and then play with all fictional players. Where 2k has excelled is with the gameplay. I think the legends was a good idea to hook people into giving 2k another shot after three years off the market but I don't know if the idea has annual staying power. I think it is going to be the gameplay that keeps people coming back. If that is there angle then a fictional league or possibly a high school league is as good a storyline as any. The problem with the NCAA is that license is taken and whenever there is any relation to the NCAA or NFL (such as legends) then people want to recreate what is already out there. By going high school or fictional there is no license and the focus is one the gameplay. It would be aimed at the people who really love football and are focused on the sim aspects of the game. You may be right there might not be enough of those people to buy the game. Like I said, Just an idea.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:52 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 47

How are having legends going to hurt the gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #6
Rookie

Having legends won't hurt gameplay. Let me say it again, I think the legends are a good thing but I don't know how it will effect the future releases of this game because there aren't that many new legends each year and it is hard to create a franchise system because of the aging issue. The fictional or high school idea was just an idea of how they could focus on the franchise.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:03 AM   #7
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I dont see 2k making a franchise out of this game, I see this as a one time thing (or maybe two). I think 2k is hoping that the NFL will review this game and hope that the NFL will not resign with EA and allow them to make authentic NFL game too. I think EA's contract runs out next year right?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:07 AM   #8
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

The NFL has a 80+ year history, so I could imagine that this series could continue on for sometime, if this intial title is a success. They can also tap into the CFL history or defunct leagues' legendary players. The growth that is possible in this series, and the series its (possible) staying power is only limited by the imagination and creativity of the people at VC. I welcome the chance to have choices again, and VC should welcome this new and intriguing challenge with their (hopefully) continued All-Pro Football 2K series.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »