Home

help for a european dude

This is a discussion on help for a european dude within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2007, 10:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: help for a european dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
I agree with you...NBA 2k7 is the best game ever. I still play it, played it yesterday in fact.
i can pay hundred box for a screen or a vid of 2K8 rignt now probably one of my most anticipated game of all time
Old 07-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
well I guess it depends on how much help you're looking for. People on this board can help as much as you'd like, but we need to know how much understanding you already have.

I think the first thing about playing defense is understanding formations and situations.

Each defensive formation is geared towards stopping a certain type of offense. The basic formations consist of different types of players, so you need to know what the different players are capable of. If you understand the difference between linemen, linebackers, cornerbacks and safeties, then we can move on to selecting a formation.
iknow the rules
i know how run basic offense rb runs and simple passing but i don t know when and why adjusting my offense when i see the defense preparing .
i want to know what is coverage , audible, hot routes etc...
on defense how defend against a great running team or passing team
why 3-4 4-3 nickel dime etc...
is the gameplay of madden ncca very diffent of 2K5 APF cause i never play a 2K games
when i saw that a lot of you guys still playing 2K5 despite there s now 2 next gen EA fottball games i understand that 2K football have something special so i really want to get involved in this game
anyway thank for your help and for os
just one last thing i dont know if the WE/PES serie is popular in us but if you dont know this game you should all try it :
soccer is a much more simple game than football :-)
the gameplay of this game is so smooth and simple that you immediately appreciate it
its pure sim
Old 07-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieb
I m from paris i m addicted to 2K particulary nba 2K7 which is the best sport gam ever imo ( winning eleven apart of course)
my point is i m a true sim gamer that s what i want and look for sports game
i want to try apf (i ll buy the ps3 since there s no region free on xbox 360) all the hype with the game get me excite and i read all the post and the tread about this game.
here s my problem the last football game i ve played was madden 92 so i ts been a while.I dl the ncaa 2008 demo and if i can have somme good offenses moves i dont un derstand how to run defense ...i really want to be involved in this game but the problem is that you have no football in france at all so i need to understand the culture of this sport can you send me advice/link/ everithing you got on football :
plays decription
why and when i have to run this type of plays on offense/defense
because honestly all this things are chinese for me
i want to understand how it works and how ican play it hard sim which i m aiming in every sport games (that s why the last ea game i bought was live 95...)
so i have a lot af work i need to undersatand how football is really played hou ow defend and i need to learn the gameplay of apf .
i m soory for my poor english and i will apreciate your help.
I feel the same way when it comes to soccer games. (FIFA, EUEFA, Winning Eleven, etc.) I kinda know the rules, but clueless when it comes to the players. Right now, I can only think of Beckham (because he's been on TV all day) and Ronaldhino (because he's usually on the cover)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 12:12 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I feel the same way when it comes to soccer games. (FIFA, EUEFA, Winning Eleven, etc.) I kinda know the rules, but clueless when it comes to the players. Right now, I can only think of Beckham (because he's been on TV all day) and Ronaldhino (because he's usually on the cover)
soccer is a great game just need to get involved; one advice forget about ea soccer games winning eleven is on another planet ( like live and nba 2K)
if you want tips about soccer ( system of play, the players, the teams) just ask, but believe me it s far easier than football to understand

beckam is a great player but he s not as good a s a lot of others palyers he s not in my top 30 to be honest .Ronaldinho is one of the 10 better ever
Old 07-14-2007, 12:14 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

Wikipedia has a lot of good information on football strategy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football_strategy

It includes descriptions of the different types of defenses including the 3-4, 4-3, nickel, dime, etc.

Just think of football as a violent chess game. The basic rules are easy to learn but the offensive and defensive strategies are very complex. The best way to learn is to buy the game and dive in.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #14
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieb
iknow the rules
i know how run basic offense rb runs and simple passing but i don t know when and why adjusting my offense when i see the defense preparing .
i want to know what is coverage , audible, hot routes etc...
on defense how defend against a great running team or passing team
why 3-4 4-3 nickel dime etc...
is the gameplay of madden ncca very diffent of 2K5 APF cause i never play a 2K games
when i saw that a lot of you guys still playing 2K5 despite there s now 2 next gen EA fottball games i understand that 2K football have something special so i really want to get involved in this game
anyway thank for your help and for os
just one last thing i dont know if the WE/PES serie is popular in us but if you dont know this game you should all try it :
soccer is a much more simple game than football :-)
the gameplay of this game is so smooth and simple that you immediately appreciate it
its pure sim
first of all, I got WE 9 last summer and loved it. I didn't like the recent one for 360 that much, I hope the next version is better, but yeah that's a good game.

not, onto defensive formations.

4-3 would considered the base formation. It has 4 down lineman, 3 linebackers and 4 defensive backs. It is equally good at defending the run as it is the pass, depending on what type of play you call. It's also a good defense to run against a team that has a balanced playbook.

3-4 is good for stopping the run and pressuring the quarterback. It has only 3 down lineman, and 4 linebackers and 4 defensive backs. The reason it is good to stop the run is because there are a variety of zone blitzes that can be run to confuse the offensive line.

4-4 is really good at stopping the run. it has 4 down lineman, 4 linebackers and only 3 defensive backs. It is a stout defense geared mainly towards stopping the run.

Nickel defense is a good defense to protect against the pass while still having the ability to stop the run. It has four down lineman, 2 linebackers and 5 defensive backs. I like to use this formation on third down if the offense has more than 6 yards to gain.

Dime is exclusively for stopping the pass. It has four down lineman, 1 linebacker and 6 defensive backs. I only use this if the offense has more than 15 yards to gain on 3rd or 4th down.

Those are the defenses you'll likely see. I didn't play 2k5 so maybe they have some others, but those are the general ones that will be there and within those you can generally find a good defense for whatever situation you're faced with.

Within defense, there are four types of coverage you need to consider. There's man, zone, man with a blitz and zone blitz. Man and man blitz are better suited for passing situations. Zone and zone blitz are better against the run, though a good zone blitz can stop just about anything. Problem with a zone blitz is when you do this, you will leave a portion of the field wide open and if your opponent sees this and can get the ball there, then you will give up some yards.

I think the biggest thing is just to play and find which defenses you like to play. At first, I would recommend always having your 2 safeties in zone coverage until you get the hang of what the other 9 guys are doing. Different people like different defensive styles. I tend to use 4-3 and Nickel and nothing else. Other people use the 3-4 on every down. When you play the game, experiment with the different formations and find what suits you best.

Sorry for the length, and I hope that helped a bit.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk76
Wikipedia has a lot of good information on football strategy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football_strategy

It includes descriptions of the different types of defenses including the 3-4, 4-3, nickel, dime, etc.

Just think of football as a violent chess game. The basic rules are easy to learn but the offensive and defensive strategies are very complex. The best way to learn is to buy the game and dive in.
thanks for the link
i will buy it for sure
and to be honest i dont think i can tell you who win the superbowl this year (chicago bears in final im pretty sure but i dont rmember the other team)
but one thing i do remember is the first football game i see it was a superbowl resume of 89 or 90 i was 12, joe montana and the 49 ers beat the braoncos of elway becauseof a mythical 80 yard drive ... that s why the legends thing hook me it remembers me those player rice of caurse and emmeth smith who was playing for the cowboys if i m right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 12:37 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
first of all, I got WE 9 last summer and loved it. I didn't like the recent one for 360 that much, I hope the next version is better, but yeah that's a good game.

not, onto defensive formations.

4-3 would considered the base formation. It has 4 down lineman, 3 linebackers and 4 defensive backs. It is equally good at defending the run as it is the pass, depending on what type of play you call. It's also a good defense to run against a team that has a balanced playbook.

3-4 is good for stopping the run and pressuring the quarterback. It has only 3 down lineman, and 4 linebackers and 4 defensive backs. The reason it is good to stop the run is because there are a variety of zone blitzes that can be run to confuse the offensive line.

4-4 is really good at stopping the run. it has 4 down lineman, 4 linebackers and only 3 defensive backs. It is a stout defense geared mainly towards stopping the run.

Nickel defense is a good defense to protect against the pass while still having the ability to stop the run. It has four down lineman, 2 linebackers and 5 defensive backs. I like to use this formation on third down if the offense has more than 6 yards to gain.

Dime is exclusively for stopping the pass. It has four down lineman, 1 linebacker and 6 defensive backs. I only use this if the offense has more than 15 yards to gain on 3rd or 4th down.

Those are the defenses you'll likely see. I didn't play 2k5 so maybe they have some others, but those are the general ones that will be there and within those you can generally find a good defense for whatever situation you're faced with.

Within defense, there are four types of coverage you need to consider. There's man, zone, man with a blitz and zone blitz. Man and man blitz are better suited for passing situations. Zone and zone blitz are better against the run, though a good zone blitz can stop just about anything. Problem with a zone blitz is when you do this, you will leave a portion of the field wide open and if your opponent sees this and can get the ball there, then you will give up some yards.

I think the biggest thing is just to play and find which defenses you like to play. At first, I would recommend always having your 2 safeties in zone coverage until you get the hang of what the other 9 guys are doing. Different people like different defensive styles. I tend to use 4-3 and Nickel and nothing else. Other people use the 3-4 on every down. When you play the game, experiment with the different formations and find what suits you best.

Sorry for the length, and I hope that helped a bit.
thanks ! yes it helps a lot
actually its 6 30 AM for me just got back from my friday s poker and i m reading the articles you send me ...
NEVER play WE on xbox this game is design for dual shock/sixasis you cant play it with an box pad denature all the gameplay (still playing on ps2)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »