Home

Not trying to start a flame war

This is a discussion on Not trying to start a flame war within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Not trying to start a flame war

But for the first time, I will not be purchasing Madden for any Next Gen system. I'm buying Madden for the Wii because I like the telestrator feature and added online play but Madden on 360 and PS3 just hasn't advanced with the presentation. I don't see how EA wouldn't incorporate the ESPN deal in the game and also add some commentators. I really just wish EA would listen to the fans and not always give excuses saying wait for next year. There is no excuse that the Wii version has refs and the 360 version on it's third year still doesn't have them. If I'm paying $60 for a game I would hope the company would pay attention to the fine details especially given a few years to get it right. Please consider that I bought Madden 2K6 and 2K7 on day one. I just want these guys to do what it takes to put out the best product even if they have to buy other companies who know how to make great football games in the process.

Thank you 2K for giving me an alternative to Madden. I just love your game and how the players seem more like their real life counterparts. I also just love the presentation which I think adds a lot to a football game. I always dreamed that this day would come where I could play a game with unprecedented game play using players from yesteryear. I am actually grateful to EA for forcing 2K to bring a game like this to the market. If anything, I'm happy we have the competition back in place. I wish 2K didn't wait so long to make this happen. If this game was coming out 2006 we would all be saying how this game kills Madden on 360. I can only hope that this competition continues for year to come. In the meantime, I'm clanking glasses to 2K. Thank you! We appreciate it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Not trying to start a flame war

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
Thank you 2K for giving me an alternative to Madden.
And here is where all gamers should rejoice. I have no problem with having 3 football games that each offer something different as well as push eachother each year. Consumers need choice and competition. I don't think there should be a flame war...competition is good. Getting a game that suits your syle is great. Have fun.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I hope this stays a civilized discussion and keeps from turning into a flame war that gets locked. EA says they read these boards...if they do, they have to know that there are plenty of us who have played their football game for 10-15 years but now think it's incredibly stale and boring. Please, do what it takes to bring us back into the fold. In the meantime, God Bless competition!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

I was actually hoping for a throwback game (with leather helmets, fur coats on the sidelines...), but this is just as good. I have bought Madden the past two years (last year at midnight) and I'm also not going to get it this year. I can't imagine that I'll take 2k8 out to play a game of Madden unless a lot of people I know have Madden. My brother and I will be playing this one and during tennis, all we talked about was what players we were going to use. That aspect alone has me giddy...

Yeah, the ESPN presentation is such a shame that it's wasted on a game that doesn't even USE it.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:39 PM   #5
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Your preaching to the choir to me....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

The way NCAA is looking I'll be getting it on release. As much as 2K8 intrigues me I have limited time so, I'll pick it up later.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I've been buying NCAA and Madden out of habit lately. This is the first time in years that I'm actually looking forward to buying a football game. 2K8 will have to be a huge disappointment for me to purchase any EA pigskin game this year.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm pretty much a 2k shill to be honest, but that's because I like the brand of gaming they bring me and don't care for much having to do with EA or anything else.

I will make an exception for Fight Night 3, the game is outstanding in all aspects and I look forward to FN4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »