Home

Will casual gamers flock to this game?

This is a discussion on Will casual gamers flock to this game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2007, 10:17 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Will casual gamers flock to this game?

& if not, will there be less cheese online because of it.. It's seems only hardcore football fans are looking to buying the game.. 1. No franchise. 2 No NFL teams & players. I only see serious football fans buying this game with some exception.

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Will casual gamers flock to this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
& if not, will there be less cheese online because of it.. It's seems only hardcore football fans are looking to buying the game.. 1. No franchise. 2 No NFL teams & players. I only see serious football fans buying this game with some exception.

Maybe not casual players, but I do expect a more "older and mature" crowd to flock to this one. It raises my hopes for a good online experience.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

It's hard to tell, everytime that I have confirmed release with different stores or mentioned the game, it seems they have never heard of it. I figure if store clerks haven't heard of it, then the casual fan who doesn't check message boards (game or sport related) probably have not heard much about it.

Peace
Old 07-13-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
It's hard to tell, everytime that I have confirmed release with different stores or mentioned the game, it seems they have never heard of it. I figure if store clerks haven't heard of it, then the casual fan who doesn't check message boards (game or sport related) probably have not heard much about it.

Peace
Not everyone follows and keeps up on information concerning sports titles. The overall sports market is smaller than the FPS market, the MMO market etc.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:23 PM   #5
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage

Peace
I had to go to best buy to even get college hoops 2k7. 2k does a horrible job hyping their games and making them known enough for even the walmart type clerks to even know what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 11:26 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

A few of my friends are very casual gamers. i am not hardcore hardcore, but i play alot of games, so they usually find out from me. anyways, they are all getting the game after showing them the trailers. A few of them are even buying a 360 for it.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:27 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

I think this is a game that best fits the casual gamer because it is new to EVERYONE. This isn't like Madden where every online match will be against the Patriots. The customization options alone will pull them in because they will have the ability to create their own identity (players, uniform, logo) and every team you see online will be different.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:41 AM   #8
Rookie

namhnit's Arena

OVR: 1

I think casual gamers will flock to this game once both Madden and APF 2k8 are both released. Reviews and word of mouth have a strong influence, and casual gamers will ultimately go to the game that gets the best reviews from gamers and critics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »