Home

Strangely odd...

This is a discussion on Strangely odd... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Strangely odd...

I think I'm looking forward to this game MORE because of the "legend" factor. I haven't had this much excitement "before" a game has been released just thinking about how I'm going to handle the setup of my team. Reading other threads has me second guessing my choices and going over different strategies.

Oddly, I'm sort of glad that EA has the NFL license right now. This game would NEVER have happened without that. Not that I don't want to see 2K work with the NFL again, but this concept (and the profile of the legends) is REALLY cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Strangely odd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangauler
I think I'm looking forward to this game MORE because of the "legend" factor. I haven't had this much excitement "before" a game has been released just thinking about how I'm going to handle the setup of my team. Reading other threads has me second guessing my choices and going over different strategies.

Oddly, I'm sort of glad that EA has the NFL license right now. This game would NEVER have happened without that. Not that I don't want to see 2K work with the NFL again, but this concept (and the profile of the legends) is REALLY cool.
You know- I've always wanted a "both-and" game with legends... we used to get that with Madden 2002 (and it had classic stadiums too..and correctly numbered legacy players on classic teams, but with no names.)

But I have to say that I agree with you.

There's no pros in the NFL currently of the level of D. Butkus, J. Rice, B. Sanders, M. Singletary, E. Smith... or even Christian Okoye. (Nobody like Okoye since Bettis retired..)

So I am really into the idea of this product because its different. I'll have my NFL fix from Madden, my NCAA one from NCAA 08...and something completely different and strategic in APF2K8.

That said, I've never understood these people that swear off products... why do that to yourself? The people who "swear off Madden" for some "stance"..or the EA fan that swears off 2K football because of "Brand loyalty".... I never understood that. I'm hoping we get three prime football games this year, and I intend to play the heck out of all 3.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
That said, I've never understood these people that swear off products... why do that to yourself? The people who "swear off Madden" for some "stance"..or the EA fan that swears off 2K football because of "Brand loyalty".... I never understood that. I'm hoping we get three prime football games this year, and I intend to play the heck out of all 3.

Exactly. Although I won't be picking up Madden or NCAA until football season starts, I'll definitely be getting them (or one of them). I've yet to meet a person who has a nice shiny medal for being a brand loyalist.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

I am excited that we all get to create our own teams and match up online. When I play a NFL game I feel obligated to play with my Giants and I always do. Now I get to create my own team, my own way. I can't wait until Tuesday!

I hope my office understands why I am so tired Wednesday morning. I don't see myself going to sleep until about 2 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree also,
I've been creating teams like like this since my college days. As soon as games added create a player, I have created legends and place them on the teams that they had there best years at the prime of their career. I love the old school, and I always thought it would be cool to play with those players that built these leagues (NBA, NFL, MLB, etc.). Their were not video game systems around in their time. With NFL 2k5 I basically made the same game as APF 2k8. I base qb's, rb's etc. in tiers. I think I created about 147 players, I used all the create a player slots and then edited free agents into legends. I still don't understand why we can't have tons of CAP slots, but thats another discussion. I also don't pick one company over another, I love sports video games, if it's a good product I buy it. I just want a great football game and I think APF 2k8 is it! I also don't pick one company over another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 09:29 AM   #6
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

I have become very excited about the way they are implementing the legends and changing some of the fundamental things about FB games (getting rid of the numbers system). I am not swearing off Madden, I just don't feel like paying $60 for it this year.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

The whole EA-NFL license has been a blessing in disguise. Not only does this game appeal to me (a big time sports fan, and more specifically, NFL fan), it appeals to my brothers who isn't a sports fan at all but grew up playing Super Tecmo Bowl with me and my other brothers. When he figured out that Randall Cunningham (aka QB Eagles) was making it into APF 2k8, he was sold.

Whenever I do end up getting that next generation system (it's either going to be an XBOX 360 or a Nintendo Wii), this game is going to be one of the first I check out (if I go X360 route). It looks so cool, I hope it delivers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »