Home

Old 07-16-2007, 12:57 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709
isnt this game supposed to get released tomorrow, not tuesday?? I havnt followed the game that closely but i was thinking about going down to gamestop tomorrow and trading in some old games for this. Keep me occupied until the midnight NCAA release seeing i dont have to work tomorrow. It would be a downer if this game wasnt available tomorrow, is that what you guys are saying?
It says the ship date is tomorrow. The only why we are going to see the game in stores tomorrow is if the game is there in stores or atleast in the UPS trucks. Some stores may see it tomorrow but I bet the game will be in transit tomorrow to be in the stores for Tuesday.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:09 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 18

I keep reading about Walmart having them on sale right after midnight. My local Walmart closes at midnight. I'll check the Northern VA Walmart, see if I have any luck.

Peace
Old 07-16-2007, 01:41 AM   #35
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I keep reading about Walmart having them on sale right after midnight. My local Walmart closes at midnight. I'll check the Northern VA Walmart, see if I have any luck.

Peace

just checked both my walmarts, first i had to explain, just because i said football doesnt mean i was looking for NCAA, once we got past that, i had to explain who made it, and that it was suppose to be out Monday, after they checked around, tyring to figure out how i was scamming them out of NCAA and then they relized it was an actuall game, they said they had never heard of it, and they didnt have a date that they would have it.

I hope gamestop hooks me up tomorrow.

just looked at targets website

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000NIJ366

look at this line:

Availability :
This item will be released on July 16, 2007. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

This item is available online, but is not available in stores.

does that mean some places will only have this online? and not in store?

actually look at walmarts web page for this

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5716053

coming soon, online only

Last edited by kneebon5; 07-16-2007 at 01:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 01:58 AM   #36
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
does that mean some places will only have this online? and not in store?
like I said in another post, I had to go to different places to even hunt down CH2k7, a NCAA licensed basketball game. Walmart, Target, Kmart..none had that game...at least the ones I went to.

2k is horrible with their marketing and making sure their games are in stores, such a shame. If this is available only online for some retailers, it will sell like ****.

Last edited by bkfount; 07-16-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:06 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Target's website says it's only available online but I'm guessing what they mean is that you can't buy it on the website and go pick it up in store like you can some other items.

Reason I'm guessing at this is because I was in my local Target yesterday and they had the barcode and space in the game case for 2k8 & NCAA 08 right next to each other. The games weren't stocked yet but there was a place for each. So it will be available in stores.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #38
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
like I said in another post, I had to go to different places to even hunt down CH2k7, a NCAA licensed basketball game. Walmart, Target, Kmart..none had that game...at least the ones I went to.

2k is horrible with their marketing and making sure their games are in stores, such a shame. If this is available only online for some retailers, it will sell like ****.
My God you guys- this is going to be in stores. It is only available online right now because you can purchase it and it will be shipped out to you AFTER the release date.

UGH.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #39
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

why wouldnt they just put the release date as 7/17 if thats when all the stores will have it? This baffles me.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #40
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709
why wouldnt they just put the release date as 7/17 if thats when all the stores will have it? This baffles me.
Not sure why EBGames and GameStop have it listed as the 16th either, especially when 2K's official site says 7/18.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »