Home

Game Informer review= 8...solid score

This is a discussion on Game Informer review= 8...solid score within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Game Informer review= 8...solid score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
The graphics were great in EA NHL 07, how can you say that during the gameplay they weren't?
Easy. The close up for the shoot outs were great but at a regular playing the graphics was blah. I purchased both NHL2k7 and NHL 07 and I thought 2k7 had a cleaner look during game play.

I couldn't care less if game informer gave 10.5. We are receiving a better review from Steve. Look at GI review and look at the information we received from Steve. The impressions Steve is giving us is much more detailed and give us a better feel how the game will play.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:20 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

How can you knock MLB2k's graphics. Thats the biggest plus for that game. Its an amazing looking game graphics wise. Clearly the best looking Baseball game. Now the gameplay is another thing. But one thing you can't knock about MLB2k is the graphics.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi
MLB 2k7 is the best-looking sports game on the system. That's hardly a fair bar to set when other sports games, with much longer development cycles, haven't even touched that standard yet.

The same goes for NCAA and Madden. And PES and FIFA...

MLB2K7 is NOT the best looking sports game, Have you seen "The Bigs" NCAA08 looks beautifull too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 08:23 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
How can you knock MLB2k's graphics. Thats the biggest plus for that game. Its an amazing looking game graphics wise. Clearly the best looking Baseball game. Now the gameplay is another thing. But one thing you can't knock about MLB2k is the graphics.
The Bigs blows MLB2K7 out of the water! not just Graphics, everything!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
The Bigs blows MLB2K7 out of the water! not just Graphics, everything!
I'm not comparing it to the Bigs. I'm simply stating the one thing you can't knock MLB2k for is its graphics.For someone to say it lacks next gen graphics is laughable.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:33 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
I'm not comparing it to the Bigs. I'm simply stating the one thing you can't knock MLB2k for is its graphics.For someone to say it lacks next gen graphics is laughable.

The Game use exactly the same engine that they used for years, same with APF2K8 and NBA2K7 they are High Definitions versions of the same games, I'm not saying that they look bad, just more of the same on HD, games made from scratch are looking better now, example: "The Bigs, Madden, NBA Live (not in motion) 2K took the cheaper way upgrading the same engine, but the games are not bad looking, just too familiar.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #39
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Nevermind

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #40

OVR: 34

MLB 2K7 looks great, but the framerate leaves alot to be desired. In their first attempt at football, on these new systems, I think the game looks pretty solid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »