Home

Game Informer review= 8...solid score

This is a discussion on Game Informer review= 8...solid score within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Game Informer review= 8...solid score

A fairly positive article that only really takes the game to task for no franchise play. The article is posted on 2k's forums for the moment at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Game Informer review= 8...solid score

It seems that they would've given it a 9 if it had Franchise but I'm going to be playing it online 90 % of the time anyways so whatever.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Check the user handle - no politics on OS. I got a spank on the butt for it a week ago, so I know. And I'm still having trouble sitting down BTW.

The review was short and to the point to say the least. Can't say I disagree with either of the scores. (The other was 7.5; check the column on the right of the page.) This is next-gen time. Simply too much missing from APF to justify a higher score, regardless of the game play. That and the fact VC didn't at least compensate by putting out a game that included next-gen graphics and/or player movement/interaction (Natural Motion).
Old 07-15-2007, 12:12 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Check the user handle - no politics on OS. I got a spank on the butt for it a week ago, so I know. And I'm still having trouble sitting down BTW.

The review was short and to the point to say the least. Can't say I disagree with either of the scores. (The other was 7.5; check the column on the right of the page.) This is next-gen time. Simply too much missing from APF to justify a higher score, regardless of the game play. That and the fact VC didn't at least compensate by putting out a game that included next-gen graphics and/or player movement/interaction (Natural Motion).
Are the graphics that bad? How can you agree or disagree on a game you haven't played?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
Banned

From what I read in the article they said the graphics were one of the ''pros'' of the game. From the videos and demos I have seen it looks fantastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Well I think it's pretty obvious we know what we're getting here. A solid football engine, season mode and good online play/leagues. Should there be more options to warrant a higher score? Of course. But we know what we're getting into here.

Anybody that's expecting anything revolutionary should probably rent the game first or they will likely be disappointed.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
Rookie

I know I will buy it regardless of reviews. I have my opinions and I never follow anybody elses opinion unless I ask for it.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #8
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7

The graphics aren't bad at all, I don't know what you're looking at.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »