Home

*OFFICIAL* APF 2k8 Impressions/Questions Thread (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL* APF 2k8 Impressions/Questions Thread (Xbox 360) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19
*OFFICIAL* APF 2k8 Impressions/Questions Thread (Xbox 360)

Its just a matter of time before people begin to get the game.

You know the rules. Check with a mod or staff member before you begin to post.

No other posts should be made here until people begin to post their impressions. And even then, keep it to questions related to the game.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 PM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: *OFFICIAL* APF 2k8 Impressions/Questions Thread

Alright, well since I already showed proof in the other tread not to mention all the countless messages on XBL...I do in fact have the game.

So far, I've created two teams. I wanted to investigate the differences between all three classes of players. First team I created was the Vancouver Warewolfs (generic name and logo) and used their default stadium.

On to the players selections...

Defense:

Defensive Line:
I'm a defensive guy first, so after cycling through all the gold tier defensive players I decided to have a pass-rush heavy defense. With BOTH of my gold selections, I picked up DE Reggie White and DE Deacon Jones. For my default dline players, I used run stuffing DT's.

Line Backers:
I picked up Pepper Johnson (bronze) and had my other backers specialized in pass coverage. I figure since my front four is so dominant, I might as well have LB's with good hands as the QB will more often then not throw under pressure. That's what I love about this game, you can tailor your defense any way you want.

Secondary:
You bet your *** I'm going to have ball hawks in the secondary since my defensive line is my main point of attach. I picked up Eugene Robinson(Bronze) and Joey Browner(Silver), just in case for run support. I grabbed Terry McDaniel (Bronze) as my main cover guy on the corners with the default corners specializing in pass coverage.

Offense:

QB: Randall Cunningham (Silver)
I wanted to test out if I was going to have my way with a defense. To be honest, I really didn't have that much success scrambling with Randall, that could be due to the fact that **** Butkus was on the opposite team and lit my *** up with two forced fumbles.

RB: Christian Okoye (Bronze)
At first, I had a tough time getting the running game going with Okoye. Then I just started going north/south, no cuts at all and let the big man do is thang. Crushing runner, he must have broken 15 tackles before the game was over. One play that stood out was I had him running a draw play, while the defense was brought a weak side blitz. I'm out in the open field with Okoye at full speed and a default SS was heading right at me. Needless to say, even before contact I had a smile on my face. Okoye lowers his shoulders and the safety literally flew 5 yards backwards.

WR: Andre Reed (Silver), Rocket Ismail (Bronze) and John Taylor (Bronze)
Passing is FUN FUN FUN, although a big negative for me was that the playbook is almost exactly the same as NFL 2k5. However, every route is now actually effective. I tried almost every single route and I pretty much had success with everyone except for the fly route. (which is a good thing)

The Rest:
I used a balance attack for my offensive line as I have both a scrambler and a power running back. TE was more of a blocking TE then anything.

The results...just what I expected.

My defense line was just plain nasty...Deacon and White were just too much for that offensive line to handle. Joe Montana was the CPU's QB, and he was getting hammered into the ground. I had 7 sacks in the game, 3 from Deacon, 2 White and Pep Johnson. Montana threw 0 TD's, 4 INTS (three of them went to my default OLB's) and one by Terry McDaniel who ..get this..JUMPED a screen pass to the running back.

My offense was a little off, but for the most part I was able to complete a lot of passes. Randall wasn't that much of a threat on the ground, but his legs did save my *** on a few third downs.

As far as general impressions:

- Plays a little too much like NFL 2k5, which could be a good or a bad thing. I guess I was looking for something new. I don't like the fact that they don't have defensive line pre-snap moves.

- Animations look awesome, HOWEVER I hate the momentum. I was able to get a copy of NCAA Football 2008, and they do branch animations perfectly. I know some players have specific branch animations in APF, but I got really frustrated sometimes when my momentum would just carry me out of bounds.

- You will not find better AI blocking in a football video game. NOT ONCE did I see an AI offensive blocker miss an assignment. Sure, they might have been nailed by the defensive player, but at least they didn't blow an assignment. It's almost like they have virtual eyes and it's great because I can automatically tell which defensive player they want to engage.

- I found it easier to pull of jukes and stiff arms then in NFL 2k5, and it makes running the football more enjoyable.

- The passing game is refined, you can lead your WR with ease. One BIG thing I love about legends is that you can tell just based on how they move which WR's run crisp routes. I actually saw one of my default WR's slip on a hook route and it wasn't even raining.

- Halftime show is a little bland, but hey, at least it's a halftime show. Just think NFL 2k5 but more dull.

- Defense is fun to play, but I don't like playing in coverage with LB's...it's just too hard. I dunno, I guess I'm not a 'joy-stick' jockey.

Fire away with Questions! Just know that I haven't played anything but PLAY NOW so I can't answer any Season Mode Questions.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
Pro

Zlax45's Arena

OVR: 9

NCAA vs APF...Which do you like better? I might get both.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
H*ll *f F*m*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlax45
NCAA vs APF...Which do you like better? I might get both.
Hard to say, both are very good, yet different games. For what it's worth, NCAA wow'd me a little more then APF...but remember, I've only played like 3 games of APF.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:59 PM   #5
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

What level were you playing on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 12:00 AM   #6
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

So far what in APF2k8 sticks out the most with your short amount of time..??
Old 07-17-2007, 12:00 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

with it playing a little too much like 2k5, can you win games in the same manner...I guess Im wondering did the individual legends make a difference? Are the graphics dissapointing?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:03 AM   #8
H*ll *f F*m*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
What level were you playing on?
All-pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »