Home

All Pro E3 Impressions from Shanker @ Sportsgamer

This is a discussion on All Pro E3 Impressions from Shanker @ Sportsgamer within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: All Pro E3 Impressions from Shanker @ Sportsgamer

Good write up. He didn't dog the game. We just pent up with less than 24 hours to go. Let do EPMD and just chill.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:57 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomER
This is the only thing that bothered me.

"Regardless of whether you purchase All-Pro or not, you need to reserve $60 to get your copy of Madden"

Its disgusting.
because of the NFL license. Not a bad write up.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #35
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomER
This is the only thing that bothered me.

"Regardless of whether you purchase All-Pro or not, you need to reserve $60 to get your copy of Madden"

Its disgusting.
I'm going to try this one more time:

IT'S A MADDEN SITE. THE PIECE WAS WRITTEN BY A MADDEN FAN FOR OTHER MADDEN FANS.

Get over it already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 04:06 PM   #36
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3
Cool Re: All Pro E3 Impressions from Shanker @ Sportsgamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I'm going to try this one more time:

IT'S A MADDEN SITE. THE PIECE WAS WRITTEN BY A MADDEN FAN FOR OTHER MADDEN FANS.

Get over it already.
Actually...Sportsgamer was bought by Gamespot and they cover just about every sport..Its not an exclusive madden site..So your incorrect in your statement
Old 07-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The sad thing is the same thing could be said about APF when talking about gameplay. The gameplay and many of the animations are similar to 2k5. With that said nothing really changes much year to year with most sports games.
If this is the case I am gonna be playing alot more planetside during the football season. EA and VC are gonna have to come up with SOMETHING that impacts the play on the field that makes the games more interesting/involving/immersive.

I will applaud EA for getting the game back on par with LG and improving the playcall screens and I will do the same for VC getting back in the game period and improving on what they have done in the past. However, next year, they both are gonna have to bring something to the game that make yah say DAMN !
Old 07-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

I didn't see anything wrong with this write up!!! If your really "Read" it the guy is very fair and points out both the pros and cons ( their were more pros) The main thing that was disappointing was the Graphics and no matter how you feel about Madden it looks great graphically, really its true lol. Any how Live Looked much better then 2k7 but i thought 2k7 was a better game. so its all about what moves you.

Last edited by comegetbeat; 07-16-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

my first question when I read this (got the link from thevhub before seeing this post) was "is this a madden site?". it makes all the difference in the world. the real problem is trying to evaluate an article intended for a particular auidence (the site the article is on) on a site that's not made for that audience (here). the article was written to tell madden fans how they may feel about APF.

so with all that said, these are my critiques (advice for the writer if he actually wants to be good at what he's doing) rather than complaints...

The entire article would've made a lot more sense if titled properly. It's not a review of APF, it's a Madden fan's review of APF... or his take on APF in comparison to Madden. He did a decent job of THIS, just not a good job of reviewing APF.

Based on reading the article, I personally couldn't have learned much b/c I barely played Madden 07. Telling me how the game compares to it does little for me. It's also always clear when a "reviewer" compares as much as he did, that instead of trying to get into the game they are trying to play it the way they'd play the game they are comparing it to. That's what got previous 2k games low scores by shoddy reviewers and this game is even MORE different than the EA football titles. He didn't explain the focus of the game, the intended draw, the gameplay enhancements, etc. I could be a conspiracy theorist and say he didn't b/c he'd then have to say "it does something that madden doesn't" more than he wanted but I honestly don't think he even noticed/paid attention b/c he was busy trying to see how it compared to madden.

Plus, in summary of his "review" of APF he talks about how you need to still purchase madden...lol. Like I said, the problem is in the title. This wasn't a review.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #40
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I doubt it and if they do it wont hurt the score. We love the atmosphere and sidleine interaction but most people wont care one way or the other.
Just like most APF players will care less about interactive grass if not more so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »