Home

All Pro E3 Impressions from Shanker @ Sportsgamer

This is a discussion on All Pro E3 Impressions from Shanker @ Sportsgamer within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #65
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: All Pro E3 Impressions from Shanker @ Sportsgamer

Aren't the Madden/All-Pro comparisons in the article a little silly and unwarranted, since he's basically comparing a third-generation title against a first-generation title (that had a "regular" development cycle and is using an "old" engine). Madden will clearly have the edge in player and stadium detail since EA was working on this engine prior to the release of the XBox 360, and have had another 2/3 years to refine it.

The field wears down through out the course of a game in NFL 2K5, so I'm sure that will be passed over in APF 2K8. The inclusion of "3D" grass is another issue, but I thought EA was removing that from Madden '08 to get it to run at 60 FPS? Someone please correct me if otherwise. VC needs to improve the texture of the field, hopefully in the next installment, but I don't think "3D'' grass in needed. Especially, since most pro football fields' grass aren't as long as represented in Madden '07.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #66
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Did you play NCAA yet? If you are basing your opinion of the snow off of the IGN video then you are mistaken. The game has three levels of snow and light and medium snow look great. The IGN videos showed heavy snow and thats why it looked bad and like a blizzard.
Maybe I'm mistaken but I played a game on what I thought was light snow and could still barely see the field markings after a while. Maybe I'll play another 1 today but I couldn't really tell the difference from when I played and the videos I've seen of snow. From what I remember it looked better than the IGN videos but I wouldn't call it great.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #67
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Did you play NCAA yet? If you are basing your opinion of the snow off of the IGN video then you are mistaken. The game has three levels of snow and light and medium snow look great. The IGN videos showed heavy snow and thats why it looked bad and like a blizzard.
yeah I did..its out all over the place out here, and my friends I visited in Tallahassee got it last week. The atmosphere is way better then the demo, but it's still pretty much the same game to me..so it boils down to if you like EA or 2k gameplay..because like you said, there sadly is not a lot of innovation in sports games right now.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 PM   #68
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canman
Decent enough but it seems APF wasn't as fast as Madden and it didn't look as good as Madden... Other then that "It will probably take a year or two to iron out the kinks but it is nice to see 2K making football games again."

Hmmm...

Just finished reading the article, and quite frankly it seems like APF8 does all the things better than Madden GAMEPLAY wise. I mean if it takes 2-3 more years to improve the graphics( grass , player models) well O.K. then. 2K8 is the way to go.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
The field wears down through out the course of a game in NFL 2K5, so I'm sure that will be passed over in APF 2K8. The inclusion of "3D" grass is another issue, but I thought EA was removing that from Madden '08 to get it to run at 60 FPS? Someone please correct me if otherwise. VC needs to improve the texture of the field, hopefully in the next installment, but I don't think "3D'' grass in needed. Especially, since most pro football fields' grass aren't as long as represented in Madden '07.
From the videos, it looks like they left some of it in but it's toned down, whereas it's TOTALLY gone in NCAA 08 and the fields look like crap.

I'm okay with 2K not having 3D grass, just as long as it doesn't look as bad as NCAA 08's (and I doubt it will). I do have NCAA 08 by the way, in case anyone was wondering (got it on Saturday).

The best grass I've ever seen is in Dirt on 360. We won't see anything like that in a football game for a long time.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
The best grass I've ever seen is in Dirt on 360. We won't see anything like that in a football game for a long time.
The best grass I've ever seen is in my front yard, although it's turning a little brown now from lack of proper care. But, I do believe that if one were to smoke some grass, the 2D grass found in ALL Pro 2K8 would gain another dimension and become the best grass ever seen.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #71
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

^^^^ I will second that^^^ ! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 07:50 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
From the videos, it looks like they left some of it in but it's toned down, whereas it's TOTALLY gone in NCAA 08 and the fields look like crap.

I'm okay with 2K not having 3D grass, just as long as it doesn't look as bad as NCAA 08's (and I doubt it will). I do have NCAA 08 by the way, in case anyone was wondering (got it on Saturday).

i'll co-sign i have Ncaa08 and the grass looks like crap makes the field look really flat and dead!

2k5's field looked good so i hope 2k8 follows suit

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »