Home

Guy on ign.com has it and wrote a review!

This is a discussion on Guy on ign.com has it and wrote a review! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7
Guy on ign.com has it and wrote a review!

Posted by and1ball110 on the 2kSports Forums:

http://rr.xbox360.ign.com/rrview/xbo.../881587/67334/

For you lazy people!
All-Pro Football 2K8

Wow...Almost forgot why I switched to 2k back with 2k5. NOW I REMEMBER
by JonBlack13
This Review's Trust Rating: 2 0
July 16, 2007 - I was always a EA guy. ALWAYS. DIE HARD. The main thing though is I'm a football fan. I buy all games football... even Football Mogul which is just stats and stuff. I use to buy Madden and 2k each year and return the one I did not like. To my surprise I returned Madden 05instead of 2k5. I went on to run a league for 5 full seasons online. I NEVER in my life thought I would find a football game that I would play two ful years! That is just insane. Heck I can't think of any game I ever played for that long and enjoyed it. Then when Madden 07 came out and no new 2k games I ran my league through leaguedaddy.com with the same group of guys. We lasted one full season. Had fun but it just was not the same. We all vowed to return when 2k8 came out.

Now here it is. It's everything I could have wanted and more. The gameplay is amazing. The players animate like their real players did. There is no doubt you are playing with Emmitt Smith. He runs just like him. So not only does he have "abilities" Emmitt had but he moves like him!!! This game is amazing. I'm so happy... it's like I was 10 years old again and it was Christmas. I'm 33!!! LOL

The graphics are not what they could be but they are far above most things I can think of. The gameplay is amazing. The presentation is lacking a little but at the same time awesome. How so? Well in game the stats and stuff while playing are not as deep as I remember but there is a halftime show and a post game recap with highlights. The stats are of course tracked during season mode just that posted indepth like they use to during a game in overlays.

I have not played it all that much yet... just a few hours but from what I have seen so far I'm more then happy!!!
Reader's Ratings for All-Pro Football 2K8
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
8.5 Presentation
I wish there was more during play but the halftime and post game make up for it
9.0 Graphics
Player body types leave me wanting a little more between them. Just a little though.
9.0 Sound
Sounds like 2k football to me. Whichis great
10.0 Gameplay
Nothing compares. This game plays like no other
10.0 Lasting Appeal
I would say 20 but there is no way. With online leagues I'll play this game until the next one comes out non stop. It could be two to three years and I would STILL be playing it. LOL
10.0 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Also ign.com says it released today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Guy on ign.com has it and wrote a review!

Stores don't get it until UPS comes tomorrow
Old 07-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7

Not an official review. . .

Here's something new from Xbox Family:

http://www.xboxfamily.com/reviews/APF_2K8/AllPro2K8.htm
Old 07-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

a little funny to read that the graphics could be better, yet he gives them a 9.0. CoD3 got a 9.0 in graphics for the official IGN review.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayotick
Posted by and1ball110 on the 2kSports Forums:

http://rr.xbox360.ign.com/rrview/xbo.../881587/67334/

For you lazy people!
All-Pro Football 2K8

Wow...Almost forgot why I switched to 2k back with 2k5. NOW I REMEMBER
by JonBlack13
This Review's Trust Rating: 2 0
July 16, 2007 - I was always a EA guy. ALWAYS. DIE HARD. The main thing though is I'm a football fan. I buy all games football... even Football Mogul which is just stats and stuff. I use to buy Madden and 2k each year and return the one I did not like. To my surprise I returned Madden 05instead of 2k5. I went on to run a league for 5 full seasons online. I NEVER in my life thought I would find a football game that I would play two ful years! That is just insane. Heck I can't think of any game I ever played for that long and enjoyed it. Then when Madden 07 came out and no new 2k games I ran my league through leaguedaddy.com with the same group of guys. We lasted one full season. Had fun but it just was not the same. We all vowed to return when 2k8 came out.

Now here it is. It's everything I could have wanted and more. The gameplay is amazing. The players animate like their real players did. There is no doubt you are playing with Emmitt Smith. He runs just like him. So not only does he have "abilities" Emmitt had but he moves like him!!! This game is amazing. I'm so happy... it's like I was 10 years old again and it was Christmas. I'm 33!!! LOL

The graphics are not what they could be but they are far above most things I can think of. The gameplay is amazing. The presentation is lacking a little but at the same time awesome. How so? Well in game the stats and stuff while playing are not as deep as I remember but there is a halftime show and a post game recap with highlights. The stats are of course tracked during season mode just that posted indepth like they use to during a game in overlays.

I have not played it all that much yet... just a few hours but from what I have seen so far I'm more then happy!!!
Reader's Ratings for All-Pro Football 2K8
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
8.5 Presentation
I wish there was more during play but the halftime and post game make up for it
9.0 Graphics
Player body types leave me wanting a little more between them. Just a little though.
9.0 Sound
Sounds like 2k football to me. Whichis great
10.0 Gameplay
Nothing compares. This game plays like no other
10.0 Lasting Appeal
I would say 20 but there is no way. With online leagues I'll play this game until the next one comes out non stop. It could be two to three years and I would STILL be playing it. LOL
10.0 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Also ign.com says it released today.
I highly doubt the kid even has the game. His "review" comes across more like a summary of a website's preview... And he ends his review with "LOL". IGN should definitely hire him to replace Hillary.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480
I highly doubt the kid even has the game. His "review" comes across more like a summary of a website's preview... And he ends his review with "LOL". IGN should definitely hire him to replace Hillary.
I was thinking the same thing.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 07-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

God you know we are really starved for news when people are posting reader reviews:y4:
Old 07-16-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

reviewer sounds like a jackass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »