Home

EGM craps on AllPro

This is a discussion on EGM craps on AllPro within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: EGM craps on AllPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
and since the other football games doesn't have a true pocket for a qb we should call their game play last gen.
Don't get me wrong. There's nothing about that other game I'd call next-gen. At least APF will have that 2K game play we all have come to know and love
Old 07-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

I don't see why everyone is so upset, I personally do not think the graphics are very good either, and that NCAA has superior looking graphics at least. I still have the game on preorder though because I dont feel that graphics are the most important thing and am instead excited to play with some legends (I'm only 20 so many of these guys played before I was born or when I was too young).

I didnt listen to the podcast so I dont know what they said about gameplay but who cares if they dont like the graphics, no reason for us to be offended or even act like fanboys to blindly defend them
Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLisFUN
Come on people, wait till you play the game by yourself and see the graphics yourself and then get a bit worried.
It's pretty clear from the many vids that the graphics are not overwhelming: from textures to player faces to player models to cemented-on hair. IMO, 2K5 is the better-looking game when all is said and done.

If VC was interested in how the game was received by reviewers and most gamers, after not including franchise mode and many other modes and options that were in 2K5, they needed to look at ramping up the graphics to MLB 2K7 level (or something like Natural Motion). But they chose otherwise. And the review scores the game gets are naturally going to reflect that choice.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:56 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

Now the one thing I will say is that I dont understand why countless review sites use graphics as one of the most heavily weighted items in terms of what counts for a good "grade". Sure you want things to look nice but other aspects of the game can overcome some graphical shortcomings.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:58 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

This thread is pure comedy. I love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 PM   #22
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

MLB the Show isn't a graphical marvel but it is the best baseball game I have ever played. From every video I have seen, APF looks just fine and I am not worried at all about the gameplay based on 2K's history. I think many people who review the game think the graphics are horrible because they are so used to the NFL and NCAA. Not having something to compare it to is very hard for some people.

In 24 hours or sooner I will be enjoying 2K football again and that is all that matters!

Last edited by jrivera34; 07-16-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:07 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Maybe the game doesn't looks so great, why can't egm take be legit? Cause you r view is slanted in favor of all-pro football. None of us have played the game yet and just seen a movies of the game. I think we should wait to play it before we bash anyone that is critical, while at the same time giving a game endless we've never had in our hands to play a couple games.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:08 PM   #24
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
This thread is pure comedy. I love it.
yep, I really missed this kind of banter. 2k fans like the game being the underdog, yet get pissed off when it gets slammed in comparison to madden by various media outlets.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »