Home

Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE?

This is a discussion on Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE?

Some thoughts for K_ROB11

From I what I understand K_ROB11 you have enjoyed the pas 2K games and are a fan of the gameplay and etc. This might seem old school but you can do season after season, keep your own stats, and award your own players at the end of the year. Then in the off-season you can pretend you lost a few legends, draft a few new ones, and change around your team dynamics by having a more run block line or pass block, one can definitely be creative.

This may seem like a lot but it can be fun, and don't forget you can create-a-legend as well.

Peace
Old 07-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #34
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutwolf
I don't understand the appeal of single player sports games.

I haven't done single player yet.
What? do you not play any single player games, even outside the sports genre? Tetris, zelda?! I agree that playing against another human is better, but the game should still be fun to play against the cpu when no other human is available.

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Old 07-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #35
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Some thoughts for K_ROB11

From I what I understand K_ROB11 you have enjoyed the pas 2K games and are a fan of the gameplay and etc. This might seem old school but you can do season after season, keep your own stats, and award your own players at the end of the year. Then in the off-season you can pretend you lost a few legends, draft a few new ones, and change around your team dynamics by having a more run block line or pass block, one can definitely be creative.

This may seem like a lot but it can be fun, and don't forget you can create-a-legend as well.

Peace
back to the old tecmo bowl/(insert old school favorite sports game here) days where you wrote down stats on a pad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi151
back to the old tecmo bowl/(insert old school favorite sports game here) days where you wrote down stats on a pad.
After righting it up I was thinking that maybe a fun idea, even if I'm going back in time. Tecmo Bowl-what memories.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #37
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi151
Ha, guess it goes along perfect with this game since it includes some Tecmo bowl legends (Christian Okoye).....i remember just writing down my rushing yards after every game, constantly trying to break my own records! haha
Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #38
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
But seriously though, do most people really want to spend thier time configuring teams just to play in some exebition games or single seasons? To me it sounds like people are trying to grasp for something to give the offlin portion legs. The truth is, you wont spend alot of time jacking with team combinations and player combinations in NCAA, Madden, or NFL25 because there are much more fun and interesting aspects of the offline side to give it legs...like a franchise mode. Dave IMO, no disrespect but i think your looking for something, anything to occupy your time int he offline section after you finish your season to make it feel like a more fufilling offline experience.

For me, I dont want to have to force myself to create my own happiness with a game. The game should be doing that for me.
I don't feel I'm looking for something to occupy my time as I'm genuinely interested in doing multiple seasons due to the wide variety of players available. I wasn't a Lions fan, but have always wanted to have Barry Sanders as my RB, now I can do that. I wasn't a 49ers fan, but desperately wanted Joe Montana and Jerry Rice on my team, and now I can do that. As I said, I plan on playing alot online, but even more offline due to being able to have Barry Sanders as my starting RB one season, Earl Campbell as my starting RB another season, Jerry Rice and Joe Montana as my golds, and so on and so forth. I feel that this game is a lot like playing those NFL salary cap type fantasy football games. You put together the best team in your mind based off the amount of points you have and hope that you do well, only in this game, you have the ability to make sure you do well if you've put together a great team. Don't get me wrong, I see your point and others points about how this is not a deep offline game, but for me, the multiple season player, I feel it will be.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
Ha, guess it goes along perfect with this game since it includes some Tecmo bowl legends (Christian Okoye).....i remember just writing down my rushing yards after every game, constantly trying to break my own records! haha

Like I said to BACARDI, I believe it can add more longevity, and you can keep track of everything in an excel sheet.

Don't forget you can also change your uniform colors at anytime, so you can also all of a sudden lose your job and go to a new team, and take your star player, like in "Any Given Sunday", I know I am pushing the whole fantasy thing now. It is just that you can do more than what others think. One just has to be creative.

Peace
Old 07-18-2007, 11:28 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 6

You can only get so much satisfaction beating something that isn't real the same way over and over again.

I feel that way with most games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »