Home

Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE?

This is a discussion on Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #41
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Like I said to BACARDI, I believe it can add more longevity, and you can keep track of everything in an excel sheet.

Don't forget you can also change your uniform colors at anytime, so you can also all of a sudden lose your job and go to a new team, and take your star player, like in "Any Given Sunday", I know I am pushing the whole fantasy thing now. It is just that you can do more than what others think. One just has to be creative.

Peace
what it comes down to is whether a person will enjoy doing something like this for themselves, or if they prefer the game to do it for them. Maybe i am generalizing a bit, and i apologize to those offended, but i really think that alot of older gamers wont mind keeping the stats themselves, whereas younger generation gamers dont want to have to deal with that.

its all good either way, but you do need to realize what the game offers and what it does not; and as someone else mentioned, you can only really determine the value of the game by what you want out of said game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #42
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutwolf
You can only get so much satisfaction beating something that isn't real the same way over and over again.

I feel that way with most games.
You feel that way, and its not the wrong way of thinking when it comes to games. I , OTOH, dont mind playing against the cpu over and over again. You might find it utterly appalling, and thats ok. In the meantime, i just keep chugging away, cause thats the way that I enjoy playing the game. I can always invite a friend over or go online and find someone to play with if it happens that i feel i rather play vs someone as well. Again though, i dont think the offline game suffers due to lack of other things to do besides play football.

Fortunately, there is no right or wrong "answer" here.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #43
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Not true. This is a team building football sim. You have over 240 players with unique skills. Have anyone played through a full season yet?

Build a team.
Build a playbook
Play through season.

I think this game have enough game play to be woth 60 bones offline.
I absolutely agree!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #44
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutwolf
You can only get so much satisfaction beating something that isn't real the same way over and over again.

I feel that way with most games.

I'm ultra competitive when it comes to real life sports, and play basketball four days a week to quench those fires. Video games, for me, are more of a mental activity. I play them primarily for story and narrative(even sports video games). Its a relaxing form of entertainment.

I actually get less enjoyment from beating another human being, because I get too focused on winning and don't enjoy the subtleties of the game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

No legs for me offline, and I'm starting to wonder just how much I can do with it online. I'll likely participate in a league, but we were planning to hold a offline draft to keep teams from having duplicate players. Nobody wants to see 4 different Barry Sanders leading the league in rushing. However, with only 110 bronze legends, the league would cap out at 15. Awesome...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #46
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I bought the game.

It's a good game. Pretty much 2K5 Part 2.

But I don't think it'll draw me in for a long time because the lack of a dynasty mode.

I prefer playing against the CPU, not online.

This game would be incredible if they had NFL players.

One of my problems being a stat junkie is that I don't know who the hell is on my team...OR on the other team for that matter. Besides the "legends", it seems like random dudes out there. I can't identify with them.

I'm torn. The game plays great and looks good, but it's missing alot unfortunately.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #47
All Star

OVR: 17

Depends on if you are big on franchise mode. I had 2k5, I tried their franchise but it wasn't to great. With all the player combinations and possible matchups I think you can get the full value out of this game even if you don't go on Live much. When I had 2k5 I just ended up playing a bunch of exhibition games and having a blast, If you love the gameplay it is worth every penny.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm the kind that plays just to play with an awesome football engine. I don't need a bazillion useless features, brand new "LIVE THE DULL LIFE OF A PRO!!" that features such amazing groundbreaking features as KEEPING A STEADY GIRLFRIEND and MAKING THE PRACTICE SQUAD and GIVING INTERVIEWS!

I played 2k5 constantly in single player games, just like I will with APF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »