Home

Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE?

This is a discussion on Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2007, 05:53 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I think it kind of defeats the purpose of a league to have the same player play on multiple teams. It would suck if 8 of the top 10 rushers were the same guy. Kinda takes away from the immersion of a league.

My Barry is better than yours isn't a good theme for league play.
I agree, Jistic.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 17

The problem with the game is that they have all of the legends, who are great to play with but they didn't give you anything to do with them.

First off, I wish there was a playbook generator that looked at the legends you had and created plays for that team. If you create 5 teams that's a alot of time trying to your playbook right.

After you get your team the way you like it and have the plays you want what else is there to do with the legends. Play the same legends teams over and over again.

2k Sports have really screwed their own game here. The premise is fantastic but they didn't offer the user any options to use legends in their full capacity. There doesn't need to be a franchise mode but there needed to be a CPU draft mode that had a automatic playbook generator. So if a team has Elway and Sharpe it has a lot of rollout plays or passes to the TE. If the CPU gets Sanders, Munoz, it has a lot of runs to the outside.

Playing different versions of teams with different playbooks would have been great. Then you add the bland season mode on that. I could play the season mode over and over again if the teams were different. With an NFL game you don't want the teams to be crazy but with legends, there's a ton of room to do that.

It would have been nice to see a playoff mode. That would have helped.

Lastly if the CPU can have teams with 5 legends, 2 silvers and 3 bronze, than the human should too. That would have added legs to the game. Having a game where teams were not set with the 2-3-6 combination would have added another dimension to the game without a franchise mode. How about a team with 5 gold legends against a team of bronze legends.

Quite frankly with no CPU "draft" options the offline game is probably the worst offered in sports gaming for the next gen consoles. The saving grace is the gameplay but at the end of the day the user still needs something to draw him into playing with legends.

2k Sports released a game with excellent gameplay but completely missed the mark with legends. The legends idea is 100% fantastic but if the only highlite of that is online season mode, then whats the point for the rest of us that don't want to participate in a online league?

I think everyone sees the beaty sitting right at our fingertips of APF but we might not see that game until next year. (I doubt 2k sports will even touch this game with an update).
Old 07-18-2007, 08:01 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 6

In a word; "yes."

Creating new teams and trying different combinations of players will NEVER get old.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
It'll last me a long time.

Great gameplay. That's all I wanted... I don't give a rat's *** about franchise or any of those modes - I like to play single games and mix things up a bit here and there.

Great game.
I agree. I've been playing All Pro default exhibition games and having a blast. Sliders are not even concerning me that much. He!!, what's so bad about just simming a season up to the playoffs and playing in them (if you make it)?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:16 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS-One
In a word; "yes."

Creating new teams and trying different combinations of players will NEVER get old.
so true, so true and dont forget the all the unis ppl are making here to use.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
2k Sports have really screwed their own game here. The premise is fantastic but they didn't offer the user any options to use legends in their full capacity. There doesn't need to be a franchise mode but there needed to be a CPU draft mode that had a automatic playbook generator. So if a team has Elway and Sharpe it has a lot of rollout plays or passes to the TE. If the CPU gets Sanders, Munoz, it has a lot of runs to the outside.

Playing different versions of teams with different playbooks would have been great. Then you add the bland season mode on that. I could play the season mode over and over again if the teams were different. With an NFL game you don't want the teams to be crazy but with legends, there's a ton of room to do that.
Great points, and I agree with your post 100%. While reading it though, it occurred to me that we have the option each new season to place our created team in any division (as I understand it). Meaning we will end up each season playing against different teams with different personnel and playing styles. We could conceivably play several seasons before we even started to feel things were starting to get a bit too stale. Just a thought.

And that’s assuming the different teams do in fact have different playing styles, based on their players – which is important given the inability to tinker with CPU teams’ lineups, coach game plans and playbooks. Is that in fact the case with these preset CPU teams? Do they each have a different style of play and their own identity so to speak?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutwolf
You can only get so much satisfaction beating something that isn't real the same way over and over again.

I feel that way with most games.
This argument always puzzles me. In NCAA and Madden, after several seasons, you're mostly playing with fictional players. In Madden, you can import draft classes but you're instantly adding a fantasy element to the game. In NCAA, even after one season, you're introducing a fantasy element to the game. AP2K8 offline has tons of replay value to me but it requires thinking outside the box, which I'll happily do after several years of mediocre Madden and NCAA (nextgen) titles. This game is certainly not without fault and really has a rushed feel to it, but the gameplay is better than any version of Madden. IMHO.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:49 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

it will be interesting to read the posts on here in about a month, after the novelty of playing with all these retired players has worn off...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »