Home

Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE?

This is a discussion on Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2007, 06:35 AM   #1
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE?

Just wondering how everyone else feels before i go out and make my final decision today. My budget only allows me to get ONE game (for now atleast)...I had NCAA 08 on reserve, but have yet to pick up my copy mainly because of my intrigue for APF. I DO NOT however have and xbox live acct as I am not much of an online player at all (my wife and 3 and a half year old almost make it impossible for me to even think about playing a complete game online ).....

so i do all my gaming in a single player offline mode. I am way more of a pro fan than a college football fan, but always enjoyed the dynasty mode in the ncaa series.....but man, i sure do miss playing 2k football! I am reading mixed reviews about this game, but i think i'll like it because i absolutely loved nfl 2k-2k5. But the longevity factor is really bugging me.

...still i am leaning torwards this game to atleast hold me over till madden comes out (gotta have a pro game).

what do u guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 06:39 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Does anybody with the game see it having longevity OFFLINE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
Just wondering how everyone else feels before i go out and make my final decision today. My budget only allows me to get ONE game (for now atleast)...I had NCAA 08 on reserve, but have yet to pick up my copy mainly because of my intrigue for APF. I DO NOT however have and xbox live acct as I am not much of an online player at all (my wife and 3 and a half year old almost make it impossible for me to even think about playing a complete game online ).....

so i do all my gaming in a single player offline mode. I am way more of a pro fan than a college football fan, but always enjoyed the dynasty mode in the ncaa series.....but man, i sure do miss playing 2k football! I am reading mixed reviews about this game, but i think i'll like it because i absolutely loved nfl 2k-2k5. But the longevity factor is really bugging me.

...still i am leaning torwards this game to atleast hold me over till madden comes out (gotta have a pro game).

what do u guys think?
Well if you are going to buy it just to hold you over to Madden...iut should last that long at least offline.

But IMO...I don't think it is worth 60 bucks if you don't plan on getting online.

The Season mode is pretty bland, and besides that there are no other modes besides pratice, exhibtion, and the whole creating your team part of it.

It is a game geared towards online IMO. It is like suggesting someone to buy Unreal Tournament for its singleplayer campaign. Like how Forza is a online focused game.

Forgot to mention, I also have NCAA...Campus Legend and Dynasty are both GREAT features to it. Campus legend is just fun, because with supersim, you can finish games in 15 mins. I had to leave the house was able to fit in a game

Dynasty is the same beast it has always been. As for gameplay, i'd give the edge to 2k8...but NCAA is pretty good. It plays so smooth and I like how it plays just a little bit less than 2k8.

Last edited by Leahmic223; 07-18-2007 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes if you intend to play it with friends and family it will last forever. But a solitary campaign honestly, I don't see myself playing the CPU in season mode. But this game will make a great social piece, online/offline.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:46 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

This is the first football video game I actually love to play against the CPU. It's a combo of a few things, the crowd atmosphere, presentation, matchups between tiers and generics,and great AI. I just got beat down 17-0 (gave up a fumble TD with 4 sec. left in the half) by the CPU on All Pro and it was totally enjoyable.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:52 AM   #5

OVR: 34

If you do not have Xbox Live, and are thinking more in terms of offline play, you really shouldn't be spending 60 bucks on this game. You're going to hear a lot of people singing the praises of this title's gameplay, but when the honeymoon's over, I just don't see how the game can last well into the football season.

I actually think you should wait for Madden to come out. I wouldn't be surprised if 2K drops the price when Madden hits. You may even be able to find some used copies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 AM   #6
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah just to reiterate what everyone said, you need online to get the full $60 out of this game. I haven't played online yet because I'm a little rusty in 2K football and need about a week or so to get back into it. But I don't see myself playing this game offline that much once I start playing online. I may get a NCAA or Madden down the road, but for right now, the game of summer is 2K8.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I purchased NCAA 08 and APF 2k8 yesterday. I played 2 Exibition games with 2k8 and I played 2 Exitibition Games and 6 Campus Legend games with NCAA. Right now i had more fun with NCAA but i didnt start my season or anything on APF so i would say its a close call.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

To sum it up man...Football Gaming Is Back.

Football is indeed Resurrected. To have two great games like this...I am going to have to sit down for 10 minutes now just to think about what I should play.

But still 2k8 is really not for the guys that can't get online...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »