Home

Anybody else here run the run and shoot offense?

This is a discussion on Anybody else here run the run and shoot offense? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2007, 11:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Anybody else here run the run and shoot offense?

I've set my playbook up for run and shoot and I've had some success online with a bronze QB. I use a 4 wide 1 rb formation most of the time occasionally switching to a 4 wide or 5 wide shotgun formation in very short or very long yardage situations.

I use Dave Krieg as my QB, with Herman Moore, Irving Fryar, Mark Carrier, and Rocket Ismael as my WRs, and David Meggett as my HB.

This allows me to use my gold picks for defense, which I've used to get Ronnie Lott and Deacon Jones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Anybody else here run the run and shoot offense?

That is not a bad idea. I run a little more of a spread also. I use 3 WRs right now and MEgget as my HB also. Only Difference is that I have MArino throwing. If Kraig is real accurate though that could be nice. The reason I like MArino is because I can go deep to Jerry or Rocket and I know the pass will be hard and accurate.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
That is not a bad idea. I run a little more of a spread also. I use 3 WRs right now and MEgget as my HB also. Only Difference is that I have MArino throwing. If Kraig is real accurate though that could be nice. The reason I like MArino is because I can go deep to Jerry or Rocket and I know the pass will be hard and accurate.
Krieg is a pretty quick QB and quite accurate, but his passes do not have much on them. The difference between a bronze QB and a gold QB is that you have to be really sure your receiver is open before you throw. I like to get out of the pocket and run if i don't like what i see with the deep pass because it's not a good idea to risk a lame duck straight to the safety, no matter how good he is.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:31 AM   #4
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

How is the run and shoot offense in the game? Is it the authentic shoot offense or is it a basic four receiver one back set?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »