Home

How To Gameplay Thread

This is a discussion on How To Gameplay Thread within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2007, 12:09 AM   #57
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: How To Gameplay Thread

I am a confused Madden convert and I would like to know what is the best method of tackling?

I know....big back/go low.....scat back/go high. But is there some trick?

The manual says 'x' is tackle. Then there is "reach/high/low/big hit" tackling on the R stick. Sometimes I have better luck just running into them without pressing anything. Does charging help any of these tackles be more successful? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjackets
How do you shift you your defensive line left or right once you are lined up? Is it even possible?

This is making me nuts trying to figure it out.

Thank you

Bjackets
Yeah, I was kinda wondering this too - it ain't like it was on 2k5. The only way I've been able to move them was by moving the entire front with (PS3) L2 + D-Pad - linebackers included. Maybe that's how it was designed.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:41 AM   #59
fishstick

OVR:

How do you adjust your LB/OL? I hit the bumper and bring up the text saying line adjustment but then I can't seem to move them with the dpad or any stick?

Old 07-20-2007, 12:48 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstick
How do you adjust your LB/OL? I hit the bumper and bring up the text saying line adjustment but then I can't seem to move them with the dpad or any stick?
You have to hold the bumper down as you move the stick.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:49 AM   #61
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

2nd Level Charge is just what it says: if the player has that then after you see the circle fill like it would with a normal player, another animation will fill to show the 2nd level is done charging...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 01:20 AM   #62
Rookie

Renoathf's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruPlaya
Does anyone know how to remove the score overlay?

Okay, don't know if you were talking about the Ticker or the Stat Overlays but i'll give ya both. For the Ticker---from the main menu go to options then go to ticker and it has an on/off thing. For the Stat Overlays----from the main menu go to options then presentation and there is a Stat Overlay on/off thing. Hope that helps.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:34 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
I am a confused Madden convert and I would like to know what is the best method of tackling?

I know....big back/go low.....scat back/go high. But is there some trick?

The manual says 'x' is tackle. Then there is "reach/high/low/big hit" tackling on the R stick. Sometimes I have better luck just running into them without pressing anything. Does charging help any of these tackles be more successful? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
The reach tackles work best if you are being blocked and someone is about to run by you, or you're chasing someone and you grab them from behind.

Charging gives you a little boost when you jump to tackle someone, and I think it makes it harder for them to break. I dont use the right stick to tackle unless someone is about to break a tackle and I click the stick to put a big hit on em.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

Anyone having good luck with the reach tackling? i can't seem to land it also i been using trhe Beast but whats the beast do when you score because do far i've just been seeing him standing there?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »