Home

Where are the reviews?

This is a discussion on Where are the reviews? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Where are the reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrabbit91
I sometimes think EA pays these reviewers to give the other companies bad reviews, gameplay itself, and the legends itself give it an 8 by itself.
Why would it be so surprising to people? If they are willing to pay $350+ million just to get an exclusive license, why is it so hard to believe they'd try to slip some money to the reviewers. I'm sure it'd take a hell of a lot less money to make the reviewer websites buckle to the pressure of the money than it took to buy the exclusive license. If I were a review site and EA offered me $2 million to give someone a bad review, you better believe I'd do it.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:12 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedeck
If I were a review site and EA offered me $2 million to give someone a bad review, you better believe I'd do it.
2 mil? Try lunch and a t-shirt
Old 07-20-2007, 04:16 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
2 mil? Try lunch and a t-shirt
If they will pay $350+ mil just to eliminate competition, you'd be a fool to believe they didn't offer some big bucks to Gamestop/IGN to give a bad review to the competition. It'd actually be worth it financially to pay Gamespot/IGN $2mil to give APF2k8 a bad review. We already know EA isn't an ethical corporation based on how they treated employees for so long. I'd be very shocked if they didn't flex their financial muscles to Gamespot/IGN at some point in time.

Last edited by Acedeck; 07-20-2007 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:34 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
If they will pay $350+ mil just to eliminate competition, you'd be a fool to believe they didn't offer some big bucks to Gamestop/IGN to give a bad review to the competition.
I guess I'm a fool then because I don't believe in conspiracy theories And this one seems to have an unpleasant anti-EA ring to it, intentional or otherwise.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:41 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
We already know EA isn't an ethical corporation based on how they treated employees for so long.
Based on a few internet blogs? Sorry, I don't call internet chatter to be a very reliable way to form opinions of this sort. Besides, what corporation doesn't do whatever they need to do, in order to be successful? Plus, a 2K employee posted a scathing letter a couple months ago blasting TT and 2K for their business practices... if you believe that individual. In other words, who and what, really, is ethical, and how can we know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 05:43 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
We already know EA isn't an ethical corporation based on how they treated employees for so long.
Based on a few internet blogs? Sorry, I don't call internet chatter to be a very reliable way to form opinions of this sort. Besides, what corporation doesn't do whatever they need to do, in order to be successful? Plus, a 2K employee posted a scathing letter a couple months ago blasting TT and 2K for their business practices... if you believe that particular individual. In other words, who and what is ethical, really, and how can we know?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:52 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

This little conspiracy theory doesn't make sense when you consider NBA Live 07 got slammed in reviews. You would think EA's bribery would get their own games good score, regardless of the quality, so I don't buy into it.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:12 AM   #24
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
This little conspiracy theory doesn't make sense when you consider NBA Live 07 got slammed in reviews. You would think EA's bribery would get their own games good score, regardless of the quality, so I don't buy into it.
1up did slam nba 2k7 and praised live. thus ruining any credibility they ever had. sometimes no amount of money can turn things around. or they face being a joke like 1up. nba 2k7 and live were already well noticed games. and live was such absolute trash that magazines would have gone out of business had they given it a good score. or at least go from a leader in the industry to noone really paying attention to them (i.e EGM/1up)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »